Published on January 27, 2016
1. 2015 FLOOR BUYING GUIDE See what’s trending in ﬂooring this year at A.J. Rose Carpets & Flooring! INSIDE THIS ISSUE • AJ Rose Showroom Preview • Wool Carpet Facts • Wool Carpet Specials • Wool Carpet Trends 2015 • More Flooring Specials • More Flooring Trends 2015 • Plus much more! *See inside for details and information. Hurry in offer expires 7/19/15. TAKE UP TO AN ADDITIONALTAKE UP TO AN ADDITIONAL $500 OFF or details and information Hurry in offer expire *Already discounted in-stock specials. SEE INSIDE For exclusive savings and ﬂooring specials.
2. As of 6/1/2015 STOP BY ONE OF OUR SHOWROOMS TODAY TO SEE WHY WE’RE #1 IN CUSTOMER SATISFACTION! READ ON FOR MORE SPECIALS OR VISIT US ONLINE AT www.AJROSECARPETS.com AJ ROSE OF BURLIGTON 136 Cambridge St., Rte. 3A Burlington, MA 01803 (781) 262-0662 AJ ROSE OF SAUGUS 1160 Broadway, Rte. 1N Saugus, MA 01906 (781) 558-5788 AJ ROSE OF NATICK 599 Worcester Rd., Rte. 9W Natick, MA 01760 (508) 214-4401 TAKE UP TO AN ADDITIONAL $500 OFFANY CARPET OR FLOORING PURCHASE Coupon is for 10% off materials only. Maximum discount of $500. Must present this coupon at time of purchase. Valid for new orders only. Cannot be combined with any other offers. Hurry! Offer expires 7/19/15. Sign up online and get instant credit approval!
3. BRANDS WE CARRY ● Stainmaster ● Armstrong ● Karastan ● Shaw Flooring ● Mohawk ● Bruce ● Mannington ● Green Products ● And Many More! SHOWROOM PREVIEW Browse one of the largest selections of flooring in New England at one of our 3 stunning showrooms Browse one of the largest selections of flooring in New England at one of our 3 stunning showrooms Feel the fibers of our top brand carpeting Feel the fibers of our top brand carpeting Touch and test our quality hardwood VISIT www.AJROSECARPETS.com FOR OUR ON-LINE DESIGN TOOLS
4. WOOL CARPET: Wool and wool-blend carpet is coming to the forefront as a superior choice in flooring over synthetic carpeting in luxury homes throughout the Boston area. Here’s why: Wool is color-fast – the chemical structure of wool fiber is perfect for dying and holding color. The color is drawn right into the core of the fiber where it becomes locked in a molecular bond, resulting in vivid, lasting hues. Wool is naturally resilient – each wool fiber consists of a 3 dimensional “crimp”, giving the fabric natural elasticity, meaning wool can be stretched up to 30% more than its original length and bounces back unaltered, similar to the action of a spring. For this reason, wool won’t “dent” under furniture and is incredibly crush-proof even in high traffic areas. Wool is stain-resistant - the essential structure of wool fibers (appearing under a microscope like scales or roof tiles) create a natural barrier against dirt and dust getting below the surface pile, meaning easy cleaning and no life-shortening abrasion to the rug from continuous traffic on ground-in dirt. Why this warm option is hot right now Wool is flame retardant – due to high moisture content in its fibers, along with wool’s protein content, wool carpet is inherently flame resistant. It is difficult to ignite, self-extinguishing and does not support combustion. For this reason, wool carpeting is a great choice for homes with fireplaces – charring can be easily brushed away. Wool regulates temperature - Because wool carpet is more insulating than other textiles, it reduces the rate of heat transfer to the room, meaning it keeps you warm when it is cool and cool when it is warm. Wool is an anti-allergen - Wool chemically reacts with some gases generated by building components such as nitrous oxides, sulfur dioxide and formaldehyde, neutralizing and binding them irreversibly in its structure. Scientific studies have shown that by absorbing these gases, wool fiber purifies the indoor air, improving the health and well-being of building occupants. Wool is environmentally sustainable - Wool is a sustainable resource and the processing of wool requires very little environmental impact compared to other natural fibers or man-made fibers.
5. WOOL CARPET SPECIALS STYLE: BEDFORD TWEED PRICE: $574/ROOM $3.99/SF INSTALLED W/PADDING 9 COLORS TO CHOOSE FROM Godfrey Hirst Wool Carpet STYLE: LISBON PRICE: $574/ROOM $3.99/SF INSTALLED W/PADDING 13 COLORS TO CHOOSE FROM STYLE: WAFFLE PRICE: $574/ROOM $3.99/SF INSTALLED W/PADDING 7 COLORS TO CHOOSE FROM STYLE: NEEDLEPOINT PRICE: $719/ROOM $4.99/SF INSTALLED W/PADDING 13 COLORS TO CHOOSE FROM *Allroomsizesarebasedoffofa12’x12’room(144squarefeet).Allcarpetpricesperroomincludepaddingandbasicinstallation. Wool Carpet Couristan Wool Carpet STYLE: SEQUOIA PRICE: $545/ROOM $3.79/SF INSTALLED W/PADDING 24 COLORS TO CHOOSE FROM STYLE: PATRA PRICE: $859/ROOM $5.99/SF INSTALLED W/PADDING 12 COLORS TO CHOOSE FROM
6. WHAT’S TRENDING IN 2015 Patterns and Texture – from bold tile design for bathrooms to subtle cut-loop textural patterns in wool carpets, 2015 is the year for depth in flooring. Continuous Hardwoods – creating the illusion of a larger living space (a clever design trick for brownstone Bostonians), hardwood floors are now extending into entryways and powder rooms. Contrasting Colors – dark flooring is back for kitchens, creating a powerful foundation for white hot cabinets, this season’s paint trends like vibrant Prussian blues and Marsala wines and the return of wallpaper in classical New England homes. Grey – it is, after all, the new black and as we see it popping up on walls and in textiles, it was just a matter of time before it made an appearance in your home’s ‘fifth wall”. Soft and subtle, grey flooring makes a statement without overpowering the senses. Wide Planks and White Wash – flooring planks are getting bigger and white wash is back in. Rustic and airy with a clean, organic feel, these wood flooring trends beautifully blend contemporary and traditional, especially in coastal homes. Elegant Practicality - after two frigid winters, warm wool carpeting, which is flame retardant around the fireplace and the shift from tile to warmer hardwood and cork in kitchen and dining areas are big trends in Boston homes this year. Local, Responsible, Natural – with the whole consumer world going local, it’s no surprise that American grown hardwood flooring is on the rise. Indigenous woods such as oak, hickory and maple are the leaders in locally grown as they are the best choice to hold up in high traffic areas. Similarly, wool carpeting, though not necessarily local, is all-natural, has been found to help clean the air in the home and is on the rise as allergy-conscious Bostonians move away from synthetics. Look for warm, cushiony and renewable cork flooring in gourmet kitchens – easy on joints for standing over the stove and gentle to the planet as it is sourced from cast off wine cork material.
7. FLOORING SPECIALS *Allroomsizesarebasedoffofa12’x12’room(144squarefeet).Allhardwood,laminateandLVTpricesperroomareformaterialsonly. Bruce Hardwood STYLE: WALTHAM PLANK PRICE: $859/ROOM $5.97/SF STYLE: PREMIER CLASSICS PRICE: $429/ROOM $2.99/SF Armstrong Laminate Armstrong Luxury Vinyl Tile STYLE: ALTERNA MESA STONE PRICE: $699/ROOM $4.86/SF
8. AJ ROSE CARPETS AND FLOORING 599 Worcester Rd., Rte 9W Natick, MA 01760 508-214-4401 www.AJROSECARPETS.com facebook.com/ AJRoseCarpeting blog.ajrosecarpets.com @AJRoseFlooring AJ Rose Carpets & Flooring Plush and Berber Style Carpets - MANY COLORS TO CHOOSE FROM! Includes installation and padding. COMPARE AT $1,700! *Up to 40SY of carpet. Must present this coupon at time of purchase. Specially marked in stock products only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Hurry! Expires 7/19/15. 3 ROOM CARPET SPECIAL ONLY $999* 1.1. 2.2. 3.3.