Published on March 10, 2014
Suggestion on How To Adapt Well In School (Crow and Crow) 1. Selecting a school In small communities it is not hard to choose school In a large community like Manila, where academic, commercial, vocational technical and vocational high school abound that selection of the school is the problem. There are also parents who insist that their children should attend they graduated from. Result of this type of sentimental attachment of parents Anti-social behavior, negativism and delinquency
Proper ways of selecting school It must be based on the child’s Ability Locale Cost of tuition Personal efficiency Adequacy of facilities
2. Good Study Habits Students should have right attitude towards concentrated study Correct Study Habits Room of their own Free from noise and other distraction A study schedule (the most important)
Tips to Improve Study Habits a. Have the right attitude towards study. b. Focus attention from what you are learning. c. Know why an assignment has been made. d. Study with an intent to recall. e. Attempt to understand what the writer is presenting. f. Organize the ideas in your own ways, or take a brief notes.
g. Raise question as you read . h. Make intelligent use of repetition, review. i. Know that some material is more quickly mastered than other. j. Continue practice in all subjects. k. Be alert on the points emphasized on the book. l. Consult the dictionary on unfamiliar words. m. Make an outline of the lesson.
Improvements of Study Habits(Edward Jones) A. Read the assignments thorough. B. The second reading necessitates certain materials ----books, dictionary, notebook, pen, eraser C. Read the comprehension before going to class A.
3. Updated Curriculum Curriculum Refers to the accumulated and total experiences It includes NOT only textbook contents BUT ALSO activities, like exhibits, field day, foundation anniversary, programs and seminars.
4. Guidance in Course of Selection In smaller schools there is little if any, leeway in the choice of courses. In bigger school, individuals select variety of courses. in this case the guidance counsellor can suggest a wider range aside from those courses.
5. Social Activities in School Forming friendship can only be satisfactory if the young person is the properly guided by his parents attitudes, that is, cooperation, friendliness, tolerance or acceptability in his relationship at home.
6. Teacher Student Relationship We have courteous, guidance-consious teachers, and the classroom activity is rather than teacher dominated more teacher guided. Some teachers tend to show favoritism toward the students who are more cooperative and studious than others.
What the teacher should observe to their students
Fear Some students are afraid to recite Although they know the answer Ateneo are given daily training in getting up on the stage, looking at everybody in the audience. After a while the fear of facing the audience disappear.
Fear Some of them fear examination The cause may be determined by means of home visits , noting conditions, presence of parents and study habits. The teacher can also give examination oftener. The student should be trained to do their best in their work. Checking the students notebooks at the end , at the middle at the beginning of the classes is an effective technique.
Thank You for listening! Prepared by: Manielyn C. Garcia MAEd
ADOLESCENT ADJUSTMENT IN HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS: A BRIEF REPORT ON MID-ADOLESCENCE TRANSITIONING. 1. ... The Adjustment Inventory for School Students ...
Adolescent adjustment problems and school counselling services as percieved by adolecents, educators and parents - Jagjiwan Kaur Arpita Malhotra - Master's ...
We examined the impact of the transition from elementary to high school on the psychological adjustment of adolescents, and the effectiveness of an ...
Adolescence is a period of stress and storm that makes the adolescent to face many challenges in their life. It is a transition period during which they ...
EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES AND ADOLESCENT ADJUSTMENT 53 learn emotional competencies and develop new social skills. At a more macro level, they argue that ...
Stress, Social Support, and Adjustment of Adolescents in Middle School. ... and liking of school. The effects of adolescent characteristics (gender, ...
School adjustment has been construed historically in terms of children’s academic progress or achievement (Birch & Ladd, 1996). This outcome is important ...
Breadth of Extracurricular Participation and Adolescent Adjustment Among African-American and European-American Youth
Adolescent adjustment and well-being: ... and three areas of school ... Divorce and parental distress contributed independently to adolescent ...