Published on November 6, 2016
1. About FAQ Gaggle Mail
2. Subscription Level Yes. If your group grows (or shrinks) you can switch to a new subscription level at any time. The next scheduled payment will be adjusted pro- rata to cover the difference between the two levels
3. Gaggle Mail Handle Attachments Yes. Attachments up to 5MB work with Gaggle Mail. As with all messages attachments are archived for as long as you keep a Gaggle Mail subscription running.
4. Trial Expires After your trial of Gaggle Mail has expired if you choose not start a subscription you will no longer be able to send messages via your list.
5. Switch Subscription Just go to the Account tab and select ‘Switch Subscription’ then choose the subscription level that best suits your group email needs.
6. Re-activate List Again You can also re- activate your list again at any time by starting a new subscription. After 60 days if no valid subscription has been started your group will be permanently deleted.
7. Messages Stored All messages sent to a list that has at one point hah a valid subscription are stored indefinitely. Any administrator of your group can view and instantly search all messages sent to it.
8. The Number Of Message Nope, you can send as many message as you like! We only limit number of members in a group (currently 1000).
9. Identities Of Members Yes you can. Sometime it’s useful for people to use a group email list without know the identities of other members in the list.
10. View Message Archive The whole group” and “Who can view message archive: Administrators only” (both of which are the default options) then members will be able to participate in the group without their email address being visible email list service.
11. Preserve Anonymity When someone joins a group they can optionally enter their name, to preserve anonymity it is better to enter a name; either abbreviated (i.e. Bob) or fake, otherwise Gaggle Mail will extract their name from emails sent to the group and show that.
12. Automatic Responses We have protection in place to detect automatic responses and not forward them on. However not all automatic responses are labeled correctly and so some get through.
13. Automatic Responder Administrator Secondly if the automatic responder is not an administrator of your list you could try temporarily changing the “Who can send to the group” option to “Administrators only”, this will prevent them from sending to the group.
14. Thanks for watching. For more information, Visit this link below:- https://gaggle.email