Published on September 24, 2014
1. Sleeping With Sirens If You Can’t Hang __________________________ Treatment by Natalie Walton & Chloe Pinson
2. Concept Concept The main concept of our chosen song If You Can’t Hang by Sleeping With Sirens is to enhance the meaning of the lyrics, which is about being cheated on by the one you love with the heartbreak, and bitterness that comes along with it. However for this type of genre it is viewed to have it mostly performance based which we have took this upon us for our ideas, but we have also included a narrative to keep the video fresh and interesting. We know that camera shots and angles are important for this type of genre music video, we are going to use different shots and angles for both the performance and narrative of the music video to help make it impact the audience and bring out the emotion within the song.
3. Performance & Narrative Both performance and narrative play an important role in creating a interesting and fresh music video. We have took into account that our chosen genre (pop punk/rock) mainly has a performance based video, however we have decided to include a narrative as well as a performance, to develop and emphasise the meaning of the lyrics within the song. We need to make it powerful to catch the audience’s attention and make it more interesting and appealing to the viewer. We have thought about what type of performances the band will do, here is a video, which we like the idea of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpG3BxRctQ4 (All Time Low – Weightless) and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFqtasnu7y8 (We Are The In Crowd – The Best Thing) we like the idea of the All Time Lows song as it is a live performance which we like the idea of and as well as this the We Are The In Crowd where they are not playing live in front of people it is set in a certain location which we could jump cut too. However for the narrative we both like the idea of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icXUkIfZxyg (Pierce The Veil – King For A Day) as they include some of the band members such as the lead singer for the narrative part instead of using other actors.
4. Lighting Lighting is important when creating a music video as it gives off ambience of the location such as a live performance or a room. Lighting helps to see the actors that are important within the video, helping convey their feelings and emotion enhancing the meaning of the song that we have chosen. For the live performance shots we thought the best lighting the other hand for the narrative shots we might use subtle lighting as depending upon the location such as a room or a house the ambient lighting might be enough. Camera We know for this we will be following the stereotypical route in camera shots and angles such as close ups of the band members and their instruments as well as mainly focusing on the lea singer as they are the ‘Star Image’. We will also be using a number of cameras for when the band will be performing on a stage getting both close ups and medium shots, to get different jump cuts of what is happening during the editing process. As well as the narrative there will be close ups and medium shots to see the characters and help emphasise the story that is being told. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OblL026SvD4 & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH9A6tn_P6g
5. Style & Costume Because of the genre of the song we have decided to stick with this in the style of costume/clothing of what someone who is pop punk would stereotypically look like which usually consists of black skinny jeans, dark shits or coloured shirts with bright designs on them, beanies, converse or vans, eyeliner, different hair styles and lastly tattoos and piercings. Considering the style is important in getting the genre of the video across. As well as costumes the props that are needed in this style are obviously the band’s instruments for the performance side but the props needed in the narrative part are household items.
6. Location We have a variety of locations that we have decided to possibly use which are: a live stage, theatre type area, a beach or forest area and someone’s house or building. The live stage and maybe the beach area are used for the bands performance where as the forest, beach, theatre and someone’s house or building we have chosen to use for the narrative.
For my A2 Media Courseworkd ... 1. Sleeping With SirensIf You Can’t Hang_____Treatment by Natalie Walton & Chloe Pinson
To download the treatment sheet, click here: File Size: 287 kb: File Type: pdf
×Close Share A2 g324 media studies music video treatment sheet 2. Embed ...
A2 Treatment sheet. by jwb300. on Jul 07, 2015. Report Category: Documents
1. A2 G324 MediaStudies Music Video Treatment Sheet:Costumes, Make Up and Colours Alex Torrensalextorrens95@ ...
Treatment sheet - Sunrise - A2 Coursework. by amy-wilkins. on Jul 19, 2015. Report Category: Documents
Friday, 5 November 2010. Treatment sheet. Open publication - Free publishing - More video
Media treatment sheet. by nickb1. on Jun 30, 2015. Report Category: Documents