Published on March 15, 2016
1. A RAMBLE THROUGH CORNWALL Land’s End to Launceston, in easy 9-mile stages, on minor roads and footpaths Day 2 – Penzance to Townshend – 9.44 miles (15.2 km) OS Explorer Map 102 firstname.lastname@example.org 1 John Downs
2. Day 2 – Penzance to Townshend General directions : From Heamoor go downhill on Polmennor Road to the beach via Gulval and then along the coastal footpath to Marazion. Climb up from Marazion heading inland and take the B3280 through Goldsithney and Relubbus to Townshend email@example.com 2
3. Day 2 – Penzance to Townshend Route* tracked by my Garmin 110 * My Garmin’s batteries went flat (again) around 1 mile before reaching Townshend firstname.lastname@example.org 3
4. Day 2 – Penzance to Townshend Full distance walked was 9.44 miles (measured by Garmin E-Trex 20) email@example.com 4
5. Set off from Heamoor, outside Penzance, at 12.05. Another fine dry, sunny warm day. Altitude : 237 ft. From the school at Heamoor I crossed the B3312 onto a minor road opposite and head towards Trevarrack and Chyandour. I crossed the main A394 Penzance to Helston road at the Tesco store roundabout, turned left, crossed the footbridge over railway and turned left again onto St Michael’s way coastal footpath. Followed the path towards St Michael’s Mount. Took 1 hour 46 minutes to get to outskirts of Marazion. Day 2 – Penzance to Townshend firstname.lastname@example.org 5
6. Day 2 – Penzance to Townshend The road from Heamoor down to Penzance Beach email@example.com 6
7. DAY 2 – Penzance to Townshend Crossing the railway footbridge onto the coastal footpath outside of Penzance firstname.lastname@example.org 7
8. Day 2 – Penzance to Townshend email@example.com 8 On the coastal path to Marazion
9. Day 2 – Penzance to Townshend firstname.lastname@example.org 9 On the outskirts of Marazion
10. Day 2 – Penzance to Townshend email@example.com 10 Marazion main street
11. Day 2 – Penzance to Townshend firstname.lastname@example.org 11 St Michael’s Mount from road climbing out of Marazion
12. Day 2 – Penzance to Townshend Climbed the hill out of Marazion to the A394 roundabout (190 ft altitude) and, at 2 hours and 20 minutes after starting out, I crossed onto the B3289 towards Goldsithney. Through Goldsithney, climbing slowly to 264 ft over next 30 minutes, then over Higher Downs and down to Relubbus (116 ft) where I crossed the River Hayle 3 hours and 10 minutes after start. Climbed up Trelembo Hill out of Trelubbus, walked further 2 miles to Townshend with Trescowe Common and Godolphin Warren (with mine workings) on right. Total 9.44 miles walked in around 4 hours. Final altitude in Townshend : 254 ft. email@example.com 12
13. Day 2 – Penzance to Townshend B3280 crossing River Hayle at Relubbus firstname.lastname@example.org 13
14. Day 2 – Penzance to Townshend View on right of B 3280 after leaving Treluubbus : Trescowe Common and Godolphin Warren email@example.com 14
15. Day 2 – Penzance to Townshend View to the left of B3280 after leaving Trelubbus : looking back towards Lands End (17 miles away now) firstname.lastname@example.org 15
16. Day 2 – Penzance to Townshend View on right side of B3280 just before arriving in Townshend - Godolphin Downs email@example.com 16
17. Day 2 – Penzance (Heamoor) to Townshend Walk statistics -up until Garmin 110 batteries ran flat just after leaving Relubbus firstname.lastname@example.org 17 • Time: 3 hours 12 minutes • Distance : 8.12 miles • Elevation climbed : 358 ft • Maximum elevation logged : 257 ft • Energy consumed : 983 calories • Total distance walked : 9.44 miles * (from E-Trex 20 trip monitor) • Total walk time : Just over 4 hours • Total elevation climbed during day : ? ft • Total Energy consumed : Around 1,200 calories * My Garmin E-Trex 20 Trip Monitor reading on arrival in Townshend. My E-Trex 20 logged my route, time, distance, pace, etc, but would not save or archive it to a PC.
Penzance Station cornwall.gov.uk ... Townshend 39A E Treen 1A B Trethewey 1A B Trewennack 2 E West Cornwall Hospital 10, 10A C 16 D 409 A Zennor 16A D
The Penlee House Museum gives an introduction to the artistic side of Cornwall through ... Character cottage on Penzance seafront in west Cornwall ... (2 ...
Cornwall - a 7 day trip ... A stroll through Port Isaac, Cornwall - Duration: ... Not Enough Hours in the Day - St Ives Cornwall - Duration: 2:45.
Part of the South Cornwall Coast Path ... , Penzance - Marazion - Townshend. Long Rock. ... First Western National service 2, Penzance - Porthleven ...
Very Special Tours of Cornwall ... Land's End, St Ives, Penzance and St Michael's Mount. ... Full Day Tours following Writers, ...
... 8 a day all the way through Cornwall to Penzance taking 5 h ... who endeavour to carry a silver ball made of apple wood to goals set roughly 2 mi ...
Visit daynurseries.co.uk to find Day Nurseries in Penzance including Flying Start @ Helston and Flying Start @ Cornwall ... Ludgvan, Penzance TR20 8EX. 2.9 ...
The West Cornwall May Day ... In Cornwall there ... The May Horns procession in 2008 revival of the West Cornwall May Day Celebrations in Penzance.
Catch the bus back to Penzance after a browse through the place Dylan Thomas called 'the ... Penzance to Mousehole 3.6 ... along Cornwall's only promenade ...