Published on July 12, 2016
1. ways to make any presentation interesting8 By: Big Fish Presentations
2. For as long as we have been doing this, if weʼve learned one thing, itʼs that boring presentations have absolutely nothing to do with the topic.
3. Famous ad man, George Lois, could sell you a pen by saying it was the best pen in the world. It was the pen you needed. It was the pen.
4. So, if Lois can make a living selling pens, then you can make your audience care about the message.
5. The point is, you donʼt have to make the topic interesting; you have to make the way you present it interesting.
6. But how
7. Donʼt act rigid or sterile, just be yourself. “If people like you, theyʼll listen to anything you have to say.” - Gary Vaynerchuk 1
8. There isnʼt a fourth wall between you and your audience, so thereʼs no need to separate yourself from them
9. Create a headline that makes people want to learn more. Think about it: Would you rather see a presentation called “2015 Data Report” or “Going from $500,000 to $1 Million: How We Grew 100% in 2015” 2
10. Engage with the audience. 3
11. Involve your audience in the conversation by asking how much they know about the subject. This will help you gain their attention and participation.
12. Use creative means to connect and engage with the audience more deeply.
13. Go analog.4 If your topic is complex and would be better explained without a slideshow, go ahead! This will let the audience focus on you.
14. A presentation doesnʼt necessarily mean a slideshow.
15. Focus on body language. The audience will believe, listen, and trust you if your body language shows your passion for the subject. 5
16. Simplify. Deliver your message inshort, memorable lines. The more complex, the more forgettable. 6
17. Use humor. Jokes keeps the crowd engaged for tough subjects. 7
18. Dense, yet critical topics are made interesting when the audience knows how it relates and affects their daily lives.
19. Become the audience. Jokes keep the crowd engaged for tough subjects. 8
20. The audience isnʼt a vicious group of critics, theyʼre people like you.
21. By getting in the mindset that the crowd isnʼt there to judge you, your personality can shine through.
22. The key to all of this is not what you say but how you say it.
23. George Lois canʼt tell his audience that itʼs just a pen, because then they wonʼt want it. Itʼs just a pen.
24. Itʼs not about the pen; itʼs about what someone can do with the pen.
25. Tell the audience not what it is, but how they can benefit.
26. Sell the sizzle, not the steak.
27. If you found these tips helpful, donʼt forget to Follow us on Subscribe to our channel ® Order now at
At Big Fish Presentations, we know that boring presentations have absolutely nothing to do with the topic. If the content doesn’t seem ...
... compelling presentation. Here are five ways to get any ... makes our presentation more interesting and ... Forbes.com LLC ™ All Rights ...
How to Make a Presentation Fun. You can make any ... and interesting way. If you want your presentation ... presentation with an interesting ...
How to Make PowerPoint Presentations More Interesting. ... How to Make PowerPoint Presentations More Interesting. ... Before your presentation, make sure ...
Effective Venture Fair Presentation: 8 ... presentation. The four main goals of any ... presentation using a tape recorder. Then make ...
Using these two typefaces can make the presentation seem ... Make any changes ... One way to fix these problems is to make sure that you have ...
Learn 5 creative presentation ideas that make your audience sit up and listen. ... What was interesting was, ... 5 Ways to Make Your Timelines Memorable.
How to Make a Boring Subject Interesting 52 ways even a nerd ... Adapt your presentation to ﬁ t the style of ... How to Make a Boring Subject Interesting
Learn about 8 clever ways to use visuals to make your content marketing ... Is it really any wonder ... 8) Create SlideShare presentations to tell visual ...
10 Fun Presentation Ideas to Spice Up Your Meetings; ... 8. Offer multiple ways to join the ... Want to learn more tips for great presentations in any ...