Published on March 15, 2016
1. 8 Ways to Improve Usability For Your Website Web users spend 2.6 second scanning a website before focusing on a particular section. 180 milliseconds or “fixating” on a particular section before moving on. Your headline approximately -1 second to capture a reader’s attention before ignored. 60% of the time, people fail to find the information they seek.
2. Improve usability for your website MetaKave.com
3. 1. REMOVE EXTRA CHATTER • Too much irrelevant information forces 62% of online shoppers to give up looking for a specific product or service online MetaKave.com
4. 1. REMOVE EXTRA CHATTER • 58% increase in web usability when webmasters cut the number of words that appear on their pages in half • Cut down amount of words used on page • On average only 28% of the text is read MetaKave.com
5. 2. PUT INFO WHERE THE MOST EYES ARE • Web users spend 80% of their time looking at information above the page fold MetaKave.com
6. 2. PUT INFO WHERE THE MOST EYES ARE • Web users spend 69% of their time viewing the left side of page MetaKave.com
7. 3. MAXIMIZE HOW WEB VISITORS “READ” Page • Two horizontal stripes • One vertical stripe MetaKave.com
8. 3. MAXIMIZE HOW WEB VISITORS “READ” Page • CTA SHORTER VERTICAL STRIPE • NAVIGATION BAR IN LONGER VERTICAL STRIPE • HEADLINE IN HORIZONTAL STRIPE MetaKave.com
9. 4. QUICK LOAD TIME • People will visit website less often if it is slower by more than 250 milliseconds MetaKave.com
10. 4. QUICK LOAD TIME • Four out of five online users will click away if a video stalls while loading • Online supporters expects pages to load in two seconds or fewer- and at three seconds MetaKave.com
11. 5. SEARCH BOX SIZE • Average search box 18-characters wide -27% of queries were too long to fit into it • Extending the box to 27 characters would accommodates 90% of queries MetaKave.com
12. 6. PAGE LAYOUT • Optimize for a length of 1000-1600 pixels and width of about 770 pixels MetaKave.com
13. 6. PAGE LAYOUT • Use same layout for all pages • Same navigation menu should appear on every web page of your website in the same place • Don’t allow visitors to arrive at dead end web pages orphan pages MetaKave.com
14. 7. TYPOGRAPHY • Keep number of different fonts to minimum 8% of men are color blind for important text MetaKave.com
15. 7. TYPOGRAPHY • Use other cues besides color to draw attention • Use 4 different colors or less for text it will decrease confusion • Optimal width for the text lines to between 45 and 75 characters MetaKave.com
16. 8. LINKS ON SITE • Should be blue because this is common color for links on other site MetaKave.com
17. 8. LINKS ON SITE • Should change color after clicked • Should be descriptive enough that user knows where link is taking them • 74% of websites use different colors for visited and unvisited links MetaKave.com
18. •If you need free consultation for SEO, feel free to contact us •Our Email is: firstname.lastname@example.org •Get Free Consultation Today •Visit us at http://metakave.com Get Free Quote MetaKave.com
19. Communication Sadiq M. Alam Founder & Head of Ideas Call: (+880) 017110 56474, (+880) 09611 699 014 Email: email@example.com Skype: sadiq.alam MetaKave Dev HQ Apt 12B2, Al-Baraka Tower 252 Elephant Road, Dhaka-1205, Bangladesh
Marketing isn’t just about driving traffic to a website. It also incorporates design and usability. Just think of Apple. Its computers and products ...
Regardless of how great your website design is, if it’s not usable your visitors won’t be sticking around for long. That’s why it’s important to ...
Website usability is not about finding information for your product or services. It is the ease in which your visitors can navigate as easy as possible.
Usability is something you shouldn’t take for granted. If you make your website more usable, people will have a better experience, which will cause them ...
Turn Your Website into a Sales and Lead Generation Magnet! SIGN UP HERE for your FREE VIDEO COURSE: "Top 4 Reasons Visitors Don't Buy from Your Website ...
How easy to use is your website? Can visitors find what they are looking for or do they leave your site feeling wound up and frustrated? To improve the ...
Latest from the Blog. Editable Book Cover For Free Download; Business Card For Your Company Use ( Editable ) WEEKLY Top Tech News_29 Sept 2016; Usable ...
8 Ways to Improve the Usability of Your Website. Improving the usability of your website. Not only do you want your marketing to drive traffic to your site ...
Marketing Support; Our Work; Web Design Tips. How To Choose a Website Designer In Brisbane; Understanding The Web Design Process; How to Prepare for your ...