Published on February 28, 2014
7 TIPS ON MARKETING YOUR CATERING BUSINESS By Anthony Franco
Marketing Your Catering Business Detailed action plan - contains the specific strategies and techniques that you need to take to let everyone know how enticing your products and services are Marketing plan – should spell-out what you should do to deliver and disseminate your marketing message
1. Analyze your target market Gather as much significant data as possible that should provide details on the following: Size/extent of your market Possibilities for growth Competition Market trends that might affect your operations
2. Consider your marketing promotional budget. It is a rule of thumb that your promotional budget shouldn’t be as much as 10 percent of your first year’s revenue. While a lot of people already consider this as a high marketing budget, it’s a risk worth taking because the moment you’ve established your name and credibility, the money will start rolling in.
3. Marketing your business plan There’s no room for a mediocre marketing plan. Don’t cut corners and make sure you invest in valuefor-money advertising. Spend it in the most efficient and productive manner possible. Bet on building a good, solid reputation first and financial compensation will follow later on.
4. Being sensitive to your client’s needs Running a catering business is also running a services business and you’re only as good as your last event. You will eventually meet a lot of personalities: demanding clients who want only the best, to those queer ones who would ask you to prepare for exotic cuisines.
5. Provide added services You could offer package deals to your client. For example, if you are catering for weddings, you can offer to take charge of the floral arrangements, venues, and other facets other than the food.
6. Learn how to network Another way of spreading words about your catering business is by joining chambers of commerce, charitable/civic events, church groups, as well as online forums and channels. Note you’re not here to directly sell your business. Your goal is to establish your presence and build your relationships with other businesses and even prospective clients. When they’re ready to take advantage of your service, it’s the time when they’ll contact you.
7. Get the Right Tools The right tools, facilities and equipment will really help you in marketing your business.
With the right equipment, such as having a catering software, you can get the confidence of your clients because they know you can take care of their needs and provide them with a world-class service that’s beyond compare.
As the Product Specialist of Better Cater, I’m working hard to develop catering software that will give the caterers power to control food cost and give you the ability, knowledge, and confidence to do your job perfectly and to your specification. -Anthony Franco Product Specialist, Better Cater www.bettercater.com
Brands are more invested today than ever before on curating and distributing paid,...
Marketers need to be creating and publishing original content across many differen...
As content marketing continues to increase in popularity in every industry, more m...
Il Direct Email Marketing (DEM) è una tipologia di marketing diretto che usa la po...
This presentation contains all 120 rules from Part 1 of the 2nd edition of "Email ...
Now that you have decided it’s high-time to start a catering business, the next thing you have to think of is how to market your business. It all starts ...
Top 7 Tips For Starting A Catering Business ... Top Tips for Catering Business. ... spread the word about your newly started catering business, ...
7 tips on marketing your catering business Nov 28, 2014 Marketing bettercater. of 11 ...
How to Market Your Catering Business. ... Tips. Take business classes, including those on online marketing before starting your business.
Restaurant Catering Marketing and Promotion Ideas Add Catering into your Deli, Restaurant or Bar for Additional Revenue Streams Share Pin
Starting a Catering Business. How to Start a Catering Business ON THIS PAGE. How to Start a Catering Business; ... 7 tips on marketing your catering business.
Your Business. Restaurant; Healthcare ... 7 Tips for Expanding Your Business to ... It can be helpful to develop a mini catering menu that tells your ...
7. Being a personal or ... Marketing your business 14. Dealing with clients 15. Considerations as you grow ... Useful catering tips 19. Outsourcing 20. New ...