Published on March 14, 2014
Networking on Social Media for Sales Reps March, 2014 How to Grow Your Business Network With Social Media
1. Participate in LinkedIn Groups Network with people who fit your prospect profile Join specific groups relevant to your business. Answer questions, give advice and share your knowledge. Pay attention to who likes your posts and comments. Avoid selling directly on the groups. Link: http://www.linkedin.com/directory/groups/
2. Share Insights From an Event Share the highlights with people who can’t attend. Attract people interested in the same niche. Use the official event hashtag in your tweets. Pay attention to the folks who follow along, comment or retweet your information. Avoid not paying attention to new follows during this time, as they could well be new prospects for you.. Link: www.twitter.com
3. Keep It Short and Simple Grab the attention of your clients with specific messages Make a point within the reduced attention span nowadays. Shorter messages are easier to work between different social media channels. Less is more. Avoid redundant and long messages.
4. Introduce Yourself on Xing Introduce your business through Xing groups. XING is the largest business network in the DACH region (Germany, Austria, Switzerland). More than 13 million users world wide, 6.5 of which from German speaking countries, make use of this network for their businesses, jobs, and careers. Use the mobile app to remain connected to your peers. Link: www.xing.com/groups
5. Share Relevant Information Share knowledge about your business Show that you have some insight and knowledge on what you’re selling. Use the opportunity to rapport with well established authors. Increase your credibility within your followers. Avoid sharing links with personal photos or music.
6. Build a Community Nurture people around your business Word of mouth marketing/advertising (WoM) provides the most powerful opportunity for you to reach people and for people to reach you. Referral selling is one of the most effective ways of selling. A Google+ page brings you closer to the top in Google searches. Avoid ignoring potential negative feedback. Link: https://plus.google.com/pages/create
7. LinkedIn Recommendations Highlight your skills through endorsements. The best way to get LinkedIn recommendations is to give them first. Quality is more important that quantity. Include a link to your LinkedIn profile and mention that you have recommendations that will tell them more about your work for similar clients. Avoid sending a large amount of recommendations requests. Link: http://help.linkedin.com/app/answers/detai l/a_id/96/ft/eng
Like my presentation? Share it! March, 2014
Small deck used during Use Case roundtable at JiveWorld 2014. On each on the 14 ta...
This 30 minute presentation was given at the 2014 Rochester Young Professionals En...
Learn how sales reps can utilize social media. ... Sales reps and social media. ... there are now great ways to share rich content with your professional ...
7 Clever Ways to Use Social Media to Find New Business Ideas. ... Social media is a great place to find business ... or visit a social shopping network. ...
... using social media and end up with sales of ... a social network to make sales, ... FORBES. 7 Tips For Crafting An Effective Sales ...
8 Ways to get started with social selling; ... metrics were better when sales reps used social media ... the most relevant social network.
... medical sales reps using social media. ... other ways you can use social media for ... Revolution Continues: Recruiting Great Sales ...
The social-media site can be a great sales ... Salespeople Are Making on LinkedIn. The social-media site can be a great sales tool, provided that your reps ...
Here are 7 steps to jump start your social selling ... sales reps are responsible for ... you may want to categorize or segment them for continued social ...
... many are slow to recognize social media's ... business network is up to date. Lock down social ... 7 Things Mobile Sales Reps ...