Published on March 8, 2016
1. 7 Easy, Quick, Healthy and Delicious Breakfasts by Agnieszka Weiner @ Tastes of Health
2. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day; any nutritionist will tell you that. It should supply us with sufficient good quality energy not only to start a new day well, but also to help us experience it with energy and enthusiasm. Breakfast, in truth, could be the biggest meal of the day as our body will have many hours to digest everything before we go to sleep again. This means we can be sure that whatever we have for breakfast (providing it is a healthy and well-balanced) will give us that energy and not that extra weight. Furthermore, as research shows, having breakfast every morning helps maintain a healthy weight as well as stay concentrated throughout the day. Although majority of us probably know or at least have heard about these facts, still lots of us skip breakfast very often. There are different reasons for different people of doing it but lack of time in the morning is a common excuse. But it shouldn’t be since breakfast can be prepared in minutes, and I am not talking here about reaching for a doughnut but having a good quality, nutritious meal. The breakfast recipes that I have included here are just like EQHD: Easy – no special cooking skills are required, Quick – almost all of them can be prepared in less than 10 minutes (some in less than 5!), pre-preparation in the evening can even save time in the morning, Healthy – they all include lots of health beneficial ingredients, Delicious – who wouldn’t like to have chocolate mousse for breakfast?! I am pretty sure that once you try them, you will never skip your breakfast again. For more, tasty and healthy recipes please visit www.tastesofhealth.eu . And if you would like to know about the new recipes as soon as they are posted, please FOLLOW @ Instagram @tastesofhealtheu , LIKE on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/TastesofHealth/ & FOLLOW on Twitter https://twitter.com/tastesofhealth Thanks for your support, Agnieszka Weiner @ Tastes of Health
3. Chocolate Chia Pudding with Raspberries INGREDIENTS (for 1 breakfast portion): 125ml almond milk, 2 tbsp. chia seeds, 1 tsp cacao powder, 4 tsp maple syrup, 100g raspberries. METHOD: 1. Pour the chia seeds into a small bowl with the almond milk, stir well with a fork and put to a fridge for min. 1.5 hours or overnight. If possible, stir again after 15 min. 2. Add the cocoa powder and 2 tsp of the maple syrup to the chia and stir well. 3. Liquidise or mash the raspberries with the 2 tsp of maple syrup. 4. Serve in a glass layered chocolate chia and raspberries. Next recipe: Homemade Granola with Red Berries
4. Homemade Granola with Red Berries INGREDIENTS: 2 cups of rolled oats, 6tbsp olive oil, 4 tbsps. honey, 1 cup raspberries, 1 cup chopped strawberries, 2tbsp pumpkin seeds, 2 tbsps. sunflower seeds, 4 tbsps. chopped hazelnuts and Brazilian nuts.
5. METHOD: 1. Preheat an oven to 170 Celsius Degree (150 for fan ovens). 2. Pour the oats to a heatproof bowl. 3. Mix the olive oil with the honey, warm up till runny (it can be done in a microwave) and pour over the oats, stir very well to coat all the oats. 4. Add the berries, stir and put to the hot oven for 30 minutes. 5. Take the dish out from the oven, stir in the seeds and nuts, put back to the oven for 20-30 minutes. 6. Store it in an air-tight jar for a few days. Next recipe: Quinoa Porridge with Apples
6. Quinoa Porridge with Apples INGREDIENTS (for 1 portion): 1 apple, cored, a squeeze of lemon juice, 3 tbsps. cooked quinoa*, 3 dried figs, chopped, 4 dried apricots, chopped, a handful of chopped nuts, 1 tsp pumpkin seeds, a pinch of cinnamon.
7. METHOD: 1. Grate the apple (with its skin), sprinkle with a squeeze of lemon juice and mix with the cooked quinoa. 2. Add the dried fruit, nuts, seeds and some cinnamon, stir. 3. The porridge can be optionally served with a dollop of yoghurt and some honey. * The quinoa can be cooked a day earlier as per the following instruction (the rest can be used in salads or the next day): 1 cup quinoa, 2 cups water, a pinch of salt, dash of olive oil Put the quinoa to a fine mesh strainer, rinse it under running cold water rubbing the seeds with each other with your fingers (for at least 1 minute) and drain well. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a pot over a medium heat and fry the drained quinoa for about 1 minute till the rest of water evaporates. Add water, salt and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and cook covered for approx. 15 minutes. Take it out from the heat and let it rest covered for 5 minutes more. Fluff the quinoa with a fork. Next recipe: Delicious Fruity Porridge
8. Delicious Fruity Porridge INGREDIENTS (for 1 portion): 4 tbsp. rolled oat flakes (porridge oats), 0.25 cup water, 0.25 cup milk, To serve: raspberries, blueberries, pumpkin seeds, walnut pieces, raisins, honey. METHOD: 1. Pour the water and flakes into a small pan, stir and bring to boil; add the milk and after everything boils again cook stirring for 2-3 minutes. 2. Pour the porridge to a bowl and sprinkle with the berries, seeds, nuts and honey. Next recipe: Chia Seeds and Strawberry Milkshake
9. Chia Seeds and Strawberry Milkshake INGREDIENTS (for 2 portions): 200g strawberries (fresh or frozen), 2 bananas, 200ml rice milk (or any other type of milk), 2 tbsps. chia seeds. METHOD: 1. Process everything in a blender for 40-60 seconds. Next recipe: Healthy Chocolate Mousse with Chia Seeds
10. Healthy Chocolate Mousse with Chia Seeds INGREDIENTS (for 1 portion): 1 tbsp. chia seeds, 75ml coconut milk, 0.5 avocado, 1 banana, 3 Medjool dates (or 4 normal dates, soaked beforehand in hot water for 10 minutes), 2 tsp cocoa powder, raspberries (fresh or frozen) or other berries to serve.
11. METHOD: 1. In the evening put the chia seeds and the coconut milk to a cup, stir and put to a fridge for the night. 2. In the morning place the avocado, banana, dates and cocoa powder in a food processor or blender and process till smooth. 3. In a small glass/bowl put half of the chocolate mousse on the bottom, cover it with majority of the chia and coconut mixture, then place the other half of the mousse and the rest of chia seeds. 4. Decorate with raspberries. Next recipe: Egg Pancake with Cottage Cheese and Fruit
12. Egg Pancake with Cottage Cheese and Fruit INGREDIENTS (for 1 portion): 1 egg, 1 tbsp. milk, a drop of olive oil, 3 tbsps. cottage cheese, 0.5 tsp honey, pinch of cinnamon, raspberries, blueberries, mint leaves, extra honey for serving.
13. METHOD: 1. In a cup beat quickly with a fork the egg and milk. 2. Mix the cottage cheese with the honey and cinnamon. 3. Put a drop of olive oil on an 18cm-diameter non-stick frying pan (you can use a smaller one but it shouldn’t be bigger as the pancake will be very thin and difficult to handle) and smear it all over the frying pan with a paper towel. 4. Heat the frying pan and pour the beaten egg. 5. Fry the pancake till it sets, gently flip it over the other side with a spatula. To prevent the pancake from breaking, pry the edge of the pancake with the spatula at first. 6. Place the pancake on a plate, cover half of it with the cottage cheese, put the fruit and mint leaves on top and cover with the other half of the pancake. 7. Serve with extra honey on top.
These healthy breakfast ideas are quick to prepare. ... Quick and Easy Breakfast Ideas . ... 18 Fast, Healthy Breakfast Ideas ...
34 Healthy Breakfasts for Busy ... Here’s a simple and delicious smoothie for the ... and almond milk for a quick and easy breakfast. 19. Blueberry ...
5 Easy Paleo Breakfasts You Will Love. ... Easy Paleo Breakfasts - Quick, Healthy, Delicious. ... Oct 7, 2016. Diet & Nutrition Let ...
7 Easy, Portable and Nutritious Breakfasts ... ... portable and easy breakfasts I make ... for a Healthy Breakfast ... 7 Delicious and Healthy ...
10 Easy, Healthy Breakfast Recipes. Start your day right with one of these yummy and delicious breakfasts!
... everyday routine with delicious recipes, quick grab ... it easy to incorporate a healthy breakfast into ... » Healthy Habits » Healthy Breakfast ...
Start your morning off right with these 10 healthy ... 10 Healthy Breakfast Recipes ... Adding oatmeal to the batter is a delicious way to add fiber ...
24 Healthy Breakfasts To Start Your Morning Off Right. These are way more delicious than that protein bar you were ... 17 Quick Healthy Meals That Also ...
Easy Breakfast Recipes. Start your day with eggs, oatmeal, pancakes, smoothies and more easy breakfast recipes from Food Network chefs.