Published on March 4, 2014
6 TYPES OF METAL SHINGLES FOR YOUR ROOF
WHAT ARE METAL SHINGLES? Metal shingles are becoming a much more popular roofing material choice because of how long they last. Typically, roofs are made of wood shingles or of asphalt/fiberglass combination shingles. These types of shingles tend to warp and leak only after a decade or two. Plus, they aren’t as durable against harsh weather conditions, while metal can withstand even fires. The following slides outline the six most common metal shingles used for roofs:
1. ALUMINUM SHINGLES Aluminum shingles are perfect for those who are a little more budget conscious. They come in a variety of colors and the paint can last up to 40 years.
2. STEEL SHINGLES If aluminum shingles are af fordable, then steel shingles are a downright “steal.” Almost anyone can af ford them because they are quick and easy to produce and still extremely durable and long lasting. They also come in a variety of colors and you can even custom-make your own colors.
3. STAINLESS STEEL SHINGLES Ultra-permanent and utterly striking, stainless steel shingles are a great option for those who want to make more of an aesthetic statement. People who live on the coast would love these shingles because they are highly resistant to salt spray, extreme weather conditions and pollutants.
4. ZINC SHINGLES With a clean, contemporary look, zinc shingles look classic no matter what the era. They have actually been used for centuries in traditional building and are still withstanding time. Zinc shingles come in the following colors: Natural Pre-weathered Quartz Charcoal black Subtle hues of green, red, blue
5. COPPER SHINGLES Copper shingles are perhaps the most beautiful of all shingle types. They produce an aesthetically breathtaking ef fect when properly installed and are 100% maintenance free. The also come in a variety of finishes, such as the following: Chemically treated copper (to produce different colors) Oxidized copper (brown) Pre-patinated copper (teal green)
6. COPPER-CLAD STAINLESS SHINGLES These particular shingles are created by rolling copper and stainless steel together in thin strips. You basically get the best of both worlds: The strength of stainless steel and the beauty and patina of copper. Plus, it’s a little cheaper because it’s not purely copper.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE? Choosing a metal shingle to install on your roof with metal roofing supplies depends on how much money you are willing to spend. If you have a smaller budget, aluminum and steel are your best options. If you’re going more for durability AND striking beauty, copper or copper-clad stainless shingles are your best bets.
METAL ROOFING IS WORTH THE INVESTMENT If you want a roof you don’t have to take care of, you should invest in a metal roof. They are durable, long lasting and pretty to look at. Plus, they’re easy to install with the proper metal roofing supplies. Most metal shingles today are interlocking. To find more information on metal roofing shingles, visit finemetalrooftech.com or call 801 -462-5264.
It's important to consider the pros and cons of several different types of roof shingles and the ... metal roofing can either ... about your roofing ...
Different Types of Roof Shingles When it comes to replacing your roof, the type of roof shingles that you choose has the most importance. Roof replacements ...
Types of Metal Roofing. Metal ... slate or shingles. The roof panels are ... the many benefits of metal roofing. As a member manufacturer, you'll help ...
... they offer fairly convincing renditions of shingles ... the life of the metal roof, you will more ... other roof types. * Metal roofs are ...
Read our roofing Buying Guide from the experts you can trust to help you make ... or missing roof shingles require ... Metal roofing comes in ...
Roof shingles are a very common roofing material in ... The type of shingle is taken into account before ... Metal shingles are extremely ...
Her ideabook got me thinking about all of the different types of roof ... This type of roof is a single sloping roof surface. You ... And in number 6 you ...
Metal Roof: Standing Seam Roofing Types, ... of roofing shingles. Metal roofs and standing seam roofs ... standing seam metal roofing will lower your ...
Best Buy Metals sells metal roofing materials and metal shingles ... to know what type of metal roofing will best ... to your metal roof ...