Published on February 19, 2014
Each of our lesson videos comes with downloadable slides
How do I find them?
You can find slides in the top right corner
In most cases, you will see the download in the lower left-hand corner. Click to open.
How do I customize downloadable slides?
In power point, you can see all the slides in the lesson on the left pane, and you can edit a slide on the right pane. Click on any part of word or number and you can change it.
Once you edit, you can “present” You can turn the power point into “presentation” mode by clicking this button on a PC
Once you edit, you can “present” And by clicking this button on a Mac.
5 ways to customize downloadable slides
1. Whole group instruction Many teachers use the slides to help guide whole group instruction. They download the slides, add their own students’ names to the examples, and then project the slides onto a screen during class. Voila, whole class instruction!
2. Practice Some teachers use the slides to create practice problems for students. They either print out the power point slide with the problem or they copy the problem and paste it into a word document. This helps them save time and create problems perfectly aligned with that day’s lesson. Where can you find content to turn into practice? See the next three slides
At the end of many lessons, you can find guided practice problems…
And quick quizzes…
3. Manipulatives Some teachers have turned visuals into manipulatives to use for hands-on work. This teacher didn't have bar models so he created these cutouts of images from the lesson.
4. Anchor Charts Ones Tens Ones Hundreds Thousands Thousands Hundred Thousands Ten Thousands Millions Hundred Millions Ten Millions Millions Ten Groups of 1,000 = 10,000 Ten Groups of 10,000 = 100,000 Ten Groups of 100,000 = 1,000,000 Some teachers love anchor charts – visuals they can put up that stand as a reminder or “anchor” for what was taught. Here’s an example of a LearnZillion image that one teacher turned into an anchor chart.
5. Google presentations Now for something super innovative. Some teachers will convert the slides into a google presentation. Check out this example google presentation, and this guide on how to make your own presentation.” Why do this? If your students are logged into google accounts they can leave comments next to the slides. A virtual discussion can happen inside the slides and the teacher can read and respond to the discussion at any point.
Questions or Comments? Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Teachers, By Teachers
... bringing your vision to life. Simply duplicate the slides you want morphed together, move the objects based on how you want them animated, and click Morph.
SlideDog is a powerful presentation tool that seamlessly switches between multimedia ... YOUR WAY, SEAMLESSLY. Say ... Say goodbye to traditional slide and ...
Just pick from thousands of slides from our library that comprises of graphics, charts, ... Thanks Team Box-a-Vox Mon Feb 01. Pre-launch registrations open.
Home > Presentation Ideas > Presentation Graphics > PowerPoint Timeline. Discover 5 simple ways to ... to leverage your effort ... your slides. Here are ...
PowerPoint Templates that also works with Google Slides. ... presenting your ideas in a way that ... collection of PowerPoint templates from ...
Print your slides or handouts of your presentation. Although you can also use Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 to print notes pages, this article describes you ...
Download free PowerPoint templates for work, ... Easily create professional presentations with these pre-designed slides. ... By the way: find tips on how ...