Published on March 15, 2014
1. 2. 3. 5.4. ERICA EHM // PUBLISHER, CREATOR, @YUMMYMUMMYCLUB
I’mthepublisherandcreator ofYMC—THEonline destinationforCanadian womenwithkids. IstartedYMC8yearsago. TheYMCnetworkof bloggersandinfluencers reaches5millionpeople everymonth. Iknowbloggers.
Iwenttoour #YMCCommunityof influencersandasked THEMwhatyou'redoing wrong.
1. Know your blogger and their content. • What’s their blog about? • What is their background? Are they married? Where do they live? Do they have kids? Do they have pets? Nut allergies? Hardcore likes or dislikes? Bottom-line beliefs? • Um… what’s their name?
1. • Stop with the “hey there” and “dear <insert name>” • Stop sending the wrong people the wrong releases • Understand how your brand fits with the voice, content, and audience of your chosen blogger(s)
Influencers with large followings may look good for reach, but… • Can they write a proper sentence? • Is their content original? • Are their posts helpful? Relatable? Shareable? • Are they actually the best fit for your brand? • Are they really engaging with their audience? 2.
3. Blogging is an actual profession. True story. • If you book a blogger you better have a budget • Bloggers are your copywriters, freelance writers and journalists, speakers, hosts, and brand ambassadors • Value your bloggers and pay for every part of their involvement – from pitch to reporting
• Compensation should also include accommodations, transportation, and other – if not all related expenses. 3.
Campaigns don’t manage themselves • Did you discuss reporting? • What kind? Click thru’s? Page views? Retweets? Repins? Likes? Shares? Impressions? • Does the blogger have a reporting template? • Will they be providing you with screenshots? • Do they have vetted ‘rules and regs’ for contests? • Do you? 4.
4. Not going to do your job? You’ll attract bloggers who... • Share and RT without ever having clicking a link or vetting an article • Fake stats • Copy and paste your press release with out really engaging with brand
Trade love’em and leave’em one-off campaigns for long term engagement. • Don't just use bloggers for quick one off campaigns • Develop a strategy for how you want to leverage their skills, their unique voice, klout and reach • Create long term initiatives and develop working relationships 5. #PGMoms #streamteam #YMCBabyandMe
What you SHOULD be doing with bloggers: • Research your bloggers • Quality over quantity • Pay your bloggers • Outline your KPIs • Get post-program reports • Build long term relationships 5.
Erica Ehm Publisher, Yummymummyclub.ca firstname.lastname@example.org @yummymummyclub
Small deck used during Use Case roundtable at JiveWorld 2014. On each on the 14 ta...
This 30 minute presentation was given at the 2014 Rochester Young Professionals En...
Here are 5 things you're probably doing wrong working with ... this powerpoint I created on The Five Things You're Probably Doing Wrong with Bloggers.
22 Things You’re Doing Wrong. ... 5. You’re Doing It Wrong: ... blogger.com. HAHA you actually use your hands to hold the bag??
5 Things You're Probably Doing Wrong In The Shower. The Huffington Post ... You're using shower gels and body washes with excessive lather.
Everyday Things You're Doing Wrong ... The Grossest Things You're Eating ... What Would Happen If The World Lost Oxygen For 5 Seconds ...
5 things you're probably doing wrong with your money. Cheryl Lock ... Our team at MagnifyMoney has been working in and writing about finance for ...
This report describes what we were doing, what went wrong, ... What we were doing Blogger ... Blogger is back now. We're still working on restoring ...
5 Things You're Not Doing with Your ... in the shower like you're probably used to doing is just going to ... and really start working it ...
10 Things You've been Doing Wrong Everyday ... 5:03. KlingonSpider ... 25 Biggest Rip Offs That You've Probably Been Tricked Into ...
On the other hand, chances are you're also doing it wrong. ... The most important thing to do to keep the skin healthy is ... 5 Things You Won't Believe ...
18 Everyday Products You’ve Been Using Wrong. ... You’re probably using the wrong plunger. ... doing it wrong, diy, everyday, ...