Published on June 27, 2016
1. 5 Questions to ask before joining a coworking space You can find more freelancer tips on www.freelancermap.com/freelancer-tips
2. firstname.lastname@example.org Coworking spaces have been trending in the past few years. It’s easy to see why – their flexibility is exactly what freelancers need. Being part of one can help you get in touch with other professionals, expanding your network. And, for people like me who are easily distracted at home, coworking spaces provide a semi-regular schedule and an environment where you can focus on work. However, choosing the right shared office can be a huge commitment and you have to make sure it’s the right one for you. Here are the five most important questions to help you make that decision:
3. email@example.com The first deciding factor is money. Coworking spaces are supposed to be affordable, but some aren’t. This all depends on your income. If the rent is going to eat up a significant chunk of it, you should think twice before deciding. Another way to think about pricing is to ask yourself how much alternatives would cost you. You might want to make a cost comparison to things like creating your own office space at home, going to a public library or even working at coffee shops. I wouldn’t personally recommend the last one, but I know some people like it, so hey, whatever works for you! But space is not the only thing you pay for when renting a space in a shared office, so consider the following questions as well: 1. Can you afford it?
4. firstname.lastname@example.org Perks are something that ties in into the cost argument. Some coworking spaces will give you free coffee, fresh fruit plates or other benefits. Another important perk you might need are quieter rooms for conference calls or places for personal meetings with clients. Some even offer things like yoga classes. Here’s the thing - everybody likes free stuff. But the question you have to ask yourself is – am I going to use those things? Will you really visit the yoga class? Do you conduct meetings often enough that it makes the availability of conference rooms worth it? If you really are going to benefit from the amenities a coworking space provides, go for it. But don’t pay for fluff that sounds nice, but isn’t personally advantageous to you. 2. How useful are the perks?
5. email@example.com This is a big one. A lot of freelancers look into coworking spaces for two reasons. One, they don’t like sitting alone at their desk isolated from the rest of the world every day. And two, they want to nurture new relationships that are positive to their business in some way. Those two things can only be achieved with the right people. Now that doesn’t mean that as a web designer you’ll only want to be surrounded by others from that field. But a certain level of synergy has to be there. 3. Who are the others in the office?
6. firstname.lastname@example.org It’s not only about what your freelancing colleagues or startups are working on, it’s also about how they go about their work. The right answer is going to vary for every freelancer. Do you enjoy music in the office and the occasional colleague singing along? Do you like playing table tennis in the lunch break? The most important thing is that you feel well in your office environment, so make the atmosphere work for you. 4. How’s the atmosphere?
7. email@example.com Try before buy – that’s the only one sure-fire way to answer all the questions you might have about a coworking space. Traditionally, most shared offices do offer that option and you should honestly probably regard it as mandatory. Go to your location of choice and spend a day or two working there. Chat up everyone and ask them about their experience – what do they like/dislike about the coworking space? Feel out the vibe of the place for yourself. At the end of the day, that’s really the best way to find the coworking space that fits you. 5. Can you try it before committing?
8. © freelancermap.com Further freelancer tips available on http://www.freelancermap.com/freelancer-tips Contact freelancermap.com Contact person: Natalia Campana - International Affairs Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +49-911-37750286 facebook: www.facebook.com/freelancermapInternational Twitter: freelancer_INT
The following questions can help you weigh your options ... Five Questions To Ask Before Joining A Coworking Space. ... RECOMMENDED BY FORBES.
5 Questions you need answered before joining a Coworking Space. ... 5. Can you try it before ... Share your experience or ask us questions in the comment ...
The following questions can help you weigh your options before making a physical and financial investment in a coworking space. from Forbes – Tech http ...
The following questions can help you weigh your options before making a physical and financial investment in a coworking space. Source link Related
10 Questions to Ask Before Choosing a Coworking Space. ... is thinking about joining a coworking space. ... for a coworking space, ask these 10 questions ...
Free download Five Questions To Ask Before Joining A Coworking Space for free
Coworking Space; Membership; Benefits; Community; Magazine; Jobs; contact; Locations . Berlin; Hamburg; ... #5. 9 Questions to ask before joining a startup:
... you may be finding it's not easy to find the right space. These ten questions ... 10 Questions to Ask Before Joining a ... questions to ask before you ...