Published on February 28, 2014
5 Millennial Behaviors Impacting Transportation ©2014 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Every generation has its own set of behaviors and norms. How are Millennial behaviors impacting transportation?
1. They desire a multi-modal transportation system. According to an APTA report, nearly 70 percent of Millennials use multiple ways of getting around a city or suburb.
2. They ride public transit more often. Public transportation ranked highest among Millennials, as the best way to connect to other methods of transportation.
3. They are taking longer to get their license. Millennials are taking advantage of lower cost options like car-sharing or bike-sharing, and are opting to spend their money on experiences rather than costly things such as an automobile. 5 February 28, 2014 Xerox Internal Use Only
4. They like to be connected. This generation is known as the most educated generation in American history; being constantly connected is just one of the ways they keep up with an ever-changing world. 6
5. 5. They aren’t having as many children. Between 1945 and 2004, Americans drove more miles with each passing year – a result of Baby Boomer population growth. Today, we’re not growing at the same pace. In fact, the birth rate in the U.S. fell to record low in 2013, according to the Centers for Disease Control. This mean that smart transit executives are taking another look at their long-term plans. Source: http://www.uspirg.org/sites/pirg/files/reports/A%20New%20Direction%20vUS.pdf
5 Millennial Behaviors Impacting Transportation For the latest Transportation Industry tips and trends, Subscribe for email updates. Read the full article by clicking here. Xerox.com/transportation @XeroxTransport 8
5 Millennial Behaviors Impacting Transportation. ... is impacting transportation: ... different behaviors with our own Millennial children but ...
5 Millennial Behaviors Impacting Transportation. January 31, 2014 By Parker Williams. We’ve heard about how millennials differ from boomers when it comes ...
5 Millennial Behaviors Impacting Transportation No Comments; Shoe trick will prevent child deaths in hot cars No Comments; Older Entries. Newer Entries.
5 Millennial Behaviors Impacting Transportation. 5 Millennial Behaviors Impacting Transportation January 31, 2014 By Parker Williams We’ve heard about ...
With millennial behaviors changing how we live and how we communicate, ... Five Millennial Behaviors Impacting Transportation by Parker Williams On Apr 10, ...
Taking a holistic look at transportation is necessary. ... http://www.slideshare.net/XeroxTransport/5-millennial-behaviors-impacting-transportation.
Transportation; Travel; Utilities; Public Sector Public Sector. Public Sector. Federal Government Services; Government Healthcare; Local Government; State ...
Marketing to the Generations, Page 1 ... and demographics that influence their buying behaviors. ... [5, 13] In terms of their ...