Published on March 4, 2014
Bootstrapping your side business 5 Ideas to Bootstrap Your Business and Save Money
1. Use free tools ❏ This presentation? Created with Google Docs for free using a free template from their template database ❏ Other Google products to consider: ❏ Gmail for managing your emails ❏ Google Docs instead of buying Microsoft Office ❏ Google+ to engage with customers ❏ Google Analytics to track website visitors ❏ Use Twitter / Facebook to keep in touch with customers for free ❏ Use InvoiceBerry.com to create, send and manage your invoices online [Shameless self-promotion by author]
2. Use free resources ❏ Learn about business and marketing from YouTube videos...Search for: ❏ Gary Vaynerchuk to learn about social media ❏ Art William to get motivated ❏ Tim Ferriss for life-hacking advice / 4 Hour Work Week ❏ Seth Godin for marketing advice ❏ Learn from experts by using these sites: ❏ StackExchange.com if you have problems with coding, web development, server admin ❏ Quora.com if you want to get answers to your questions from top CEOs, investors and start-up mentors.
3. Use coupon codes ❏ Price for a .com domain at GoDaddy.com: $12.99/year ❏ Time to find a coupon code via Google: < 2 minutes ❏ Search term used : godaddy domain coupons ❏ New price: $0.99 for the first year ❏ Money saved in 2 minutes: $12
4. Create amazing content ❏ Save advertisement money by creating content which is worth sharing ❏ Every tweet / re-tweet / like / share will help spread your word ❏ Write guest blog posts on other websites to create a fanbase, backlinks and increase your reputation ❏ Create content on Medium.com and add value to LinkedIn groups
5. It all takes time... ❏ Growing organically will always take more time than spending a ton of money on advertisement ❏ However, it also means you can focus on your product and service ❏ No investor meetings ❏ No short-term decisions ❏ No compromises
THANK YOU! http://uk.linkedin.com/in/uwedreiss http://www.twitter.com/uwedreiss http://www.invoiceberry.com
Bootstrapping your side business 5 Ideas to Bootstrap Your Business and Save Money 1. Use free tools This presentation? Created with Google Docs for free ...
Free open source Bootstrap themes and templates up to date for Bootstrap 3! ... Start Bootstrap is a project created and maintained by David Miller at ...
WrapBootstrap is a marketplace ... WrapBootstrap is a marketplace for premium Bootstrap themes and templates. Impress your clients ... $21 4704 Updated 5 ...
... Responsive Multipurpose Template The Project is a Powerful Multi-Concept Bootstrap ... The Project - Multipurpose Template. ... Updated bootstrap to 3.3.5;
... the images for free in the Twitter Bootstrap project. ... and save it in the home folder of your project. ... For Any Project; 5 Getting ...
... (15px on each side ... Bootstrap's CSS ... Use any of these color variables as they are or reassign them to more meaningful variables for your project.
SideProject Book 1.5 & Launch ... Kindle and ePub format for easy reading on your preferred ... went from their idea to a successful side project.
Write your ideas for future development. If your side project doesn’t have a lot of traffic, ... 5. Be patient.