Published on June 24, 2016
1. CINAHL – The Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature provides access to the top literature sources in these subjects areas. Content areas include health care books, nursing dissertations, standards of practice, clinical trials, audio visual materials and full text journals Search options allow for keyword basic and advance searches with health related focus options and specific CINHAL subject terms.
2. You can search for CINHAL through OneSearch or link to it from our Population Health Subject Guide Subject guides introduce you to a range of databases and books platforms for your topic area. This guide provides links out to Australian and International sources of statistical information and Systematic Review sources
3. You can start with a basic search term and choose from a number of suggested boolean search strings. In this first search we are identifying any articles with any of these terms for “adolescents” Too many results to browse! We will need to edit our search. Starting your search in the CINHAL Database
4. These are the search options you are given when you select to “edit” your search. Our selections have reduced the results numbers considerably. There are more limit options visible when you select “Advanced Search” Tip: Choose your limits and then add your search terms Refining your search in the CINHAL Database
5. Use Search History to combine your search concepts using AND, OR Select view results to display Edit to add and remove further limits Range of ways to limit and review results Building up your Search Strategy
6. You can also build your search using CINHAL subject terms by clicking the “suggest subject terms” option. This will display a list of related terms you can select from to build your search string. Click above to view the video tutorial on this topic. Using CINHAL Subject Index
From inside CINAHL: searching for a EU 1. ... e.g. teens or adolescents ... 4. lick Search Database Subject Searching Screen
Step 4 – CINAHL Headings screen 1. ... teenagers OR adolescents ... Microsoft Word - CINAHL search example.doc Author:
CV Database Searching. Our CV Database makes it ... 4. CINAHL database searching - adolescents. 613 Views. zhang48. Database Searching Basics. 2,911 Views ...
Searching CINAHL for EBP. ... accumulation of body fat in children or adolescents. ... seeing all of the limits available to you in the CINAHL database.
How to search a database: ... Please note that CINAHL database uses predictive typing, ... The following video Searching Databases (4.54 min.) ...
CINAHL with Full Text ... second keyword, or both (adolescents or teenagers), ... CINAHL Headings Searching for subject terms ...
... 4 Proximity searching ... Advanced Cinahl Page 4 of 8 ... Subject headings are descriptive terms added by the database creators to describe the ...
Posted October 4, 2016. ... EBSCOhost Collection Manager; GOBI; like us on facebook. follow us on twitter. add us to your google+ circle. connect with us ...