Published on October 23, 2014
1. 35 Inspiring Ideas for Starting a Small Business on a Small Budget
2. Why work to make someone else rich?
3. Why work to make someone else rich? Why not start your own business?
4. Be your own boss.
5. Be your own boss. Put the profits in your own pocket.
6. So here are 35 inspiring small business ideas
7. So here are 35 inspiring small business ideas … for small budgets
8. 35 Make scented candles or soap There are thousands of online recipes for making homemade candles and soap. You can start by selling them to stores, at markets, or even door-to-door.
9. Start a graffiti removal company 34 Offer a service where you go and clean up graffiti for property or home owners. In areas where graffiti and vandalism is a problem, you can grow a successful business.
10. 33 Organise auto-swap events Create a regular event where people can come to sell their used cars. Organise a venue, advertise the event to the public, and charge those who want to sell their cars a small fee.
11. 32 Start a home bakery Who doesn’t like cookies, cakes, biscuits, and rusks? Find small shops that are willing to sell your goods, or sell them yourself out of your own home.
12. 31 Begin a recycling service People want to recycle, but usually they don’t know how, or where, to do this. Study up on recycling and offer a collect-and-recycle service to businesses and suburban homeowners.
13. 30 Offer help with bookkeeping and tax returns All you need is basic bookkeeping and accounting training and you can offer people in your community help with tax returns, budgeting, bookkeeping and even e-filling. Find out how you can study Basic Bookkeeping and Accounting part-time here: http://www.oxbridgeacademy.c o.za/find-a-course/financial-management- and-accounting
14. 29 Make and sell crafts Do you know how to knit, crochet, quilt, or make something different? You can sell your crafts at popular craft markets, or online via Facebook and sites like www.etsy.com
15. 28 Start a babysitter’s club Why be the babysitter when you can organising babysitters for other people! Complete an Au Pair course from home to get started: http://www.oxbridgeacademy.co. za/find-a-course/aupair-childcare
16. 27 Market yourself as a Mystery-Shopper Shop owners would love someone to point out flaws in their services, customer relations, and security. You can offer such services to retail companies by compiling detailed and useful customer experience reports on their stores.
17. 26 Become a freelance designer If you have a computer, there are hundreds of free design programs you can download and learn to use. A lot of small businesses need someone to create logos, letterheads, advertisements, or other designs for them.
18. 25 What about starting a Rent-a-Grandma business? Who better to babysit children than a grandmother? These days, elderly people also need additional income, so it’s a win-win arrangement!
19. 24 Teach your skill Do you know how to do, or make, something exceptional? Do you have a field of expertise or a unique skills? Teach your craft to others from the comforts of your own home.
20. 23 Become a second-hand clothing dealer What about buying unwanted clothes from more affluent members of society… … and reselling them for a low price in lower-income areas?
21. 22 Become a part-time social media manager More and more small businesses want to push their presence on social media sites like Twitter, G+, and Facebook. Manage the social media accounts of small businesses from home, for a small fee (…at first!)
22. 21 Make money with a photography business You can do portrait, freelance, or wedding photography. What about taking photos of tourists? Or take stock images and sell them to websites like www.shutterstock.com
23. 20 Create a carpooling company Create a way for people to find others who travel the same routes to work. Create an app, website, or even just a newsletter, where people can find others to carpool with them.
24. 19 Begin a local music school Do you know how to play any instruments? Do you know other people who also play? Organise and advertise music lessons in your area.
25. 18 Design personalised gifts for new-borns Create personalised gifts, blankets, and clothes for new-born babies. This is a great way to make money from expectant parents, their families, and even their friends.
26. 17 Begin a co-working space A co-working space is a place where entrepreneurs and like-minded people can come together, co-operate, share-ideas, and help each other build their start-up businesses. Your small business can be to help others start their businesses through your co-working space!
27. 16 Sell home-grown herbs, potted plants, and vegetables This is an easy part-time business to start from home. Sell through street vendors, at local markets, or even at upper-class organic food markets.
28. 15 Start an event or party planning business Do you have a knack for organising? Start an event planning business! Arrange special deals with caterers and party supply stores to make your services appealing to clients.
29. 14 Open a pet-sitting business This may be just as (if not more) successful than a child day care centre. People would rather pay a small fee than leave their dogs unsupervised and alone while at work.
30. 13 Start a delivery service business If you have a car, motorbike, or scooter, you can start a delivery service business. You can either specialise in delivering a specific type of item, or you can be a general courier.
31. 12 Start a pool maintenance business You just need some simple equipment and transportation. You are guaranteed repeat business as pools need permanent upkeep!
32. 11 Begin a flyer agency Offer local businesses affordable marketing by printing and handing out flyers for them. You don’t have to do the boring work yourself: get other people to physically hand out the flyers!
33. 10 Digitise home movies and photos Many people still have old home movies or photos that they would love to have on DVD. You can start this type of business with some very simple equipment. Google it to learn more.
34. 9 Gift basket business People are always looking for new ways to say ‘thank you’. You can buy goods wholesale – such as chocolates or fancy bath soaps - and repackage them in gift baskets.
35. 8 Organise children’s parties Children are very demanding, and parents don’t have time to organise big birthdays. Build a network of suppliers, caters, and party entertainers, and you can be in business.
36. 7 Offer fine dining experiences in your home If you can cook amazing food, then why not offer romantic dinners for two? You can be the maître-d, waiter, and chef, offering couples a simple small fine-dining experience.
37. 6 Start a local newsletter Put together a weekly or monthly newsletter in your community and sell advertisement space to local businesses. The more popular your small publication becomes, the more you can charge for ad space .
38. 5 Begin a furniture refurbishing company If you are good with your hands, start a furniture refurbishing business. Restore old pieces, clean them, repaint, revamp, or simply fix them up again.
39. 4 Start a catering business If you can cook, offer affordable catering services for small events, parties, or even local businesses. You can start small by catering from your own kitchen with one or two helpers.
40. 3 Start a singles dating club in your area You don’t need much to get this going – all you need is a venue and some advertising. And single people will pay a small subscription fee for potential lifelong happiness!
41. 2 Make designer mosquito nets If you live somewhere where there are a lot of mosquitoes, you can buy ordinary nets, and decorate them with beads, ribbons, and other enchanting things. Who wouldn’t want a mosquito net that doesn’t spoil the look, feel, and atmosphere of the bedroom?
42. 1 Start a Tour Guide Company Why not establish a tour guide company if you live in an area where there are many tourists? South Africa is a popular tourist destination – make the most of it!
43. Maybe you think an idea like ‘making candles’ is silly…
44. ‘Yankee Candle Co.’ was born when Michael Kittredge started making scented candles in his garage. Today it is the largest manufacturer of scented candles in the USA, making over $800 million a year!
45. The business idea is not as important as knowing how to make a success of it!
46. “Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration.” - Thomas Edison
47. This is why Oxbridge Academy has great, affordable courses to teach you the building blocks of entrepreneurship and small business management: • Certificate in Small Business Management • Entrepreneurship (Small Business Venture Creation) Certificate • Entrepreneurship (Small Business Venture Creation) Higher Certificate • Entrepreneurship (Small Business Venture Creation) Diploma
48. Learn how you can complete these Entrepreneurship Courses from home via distance learning at http://www.oxbridgeacademy.co.za/
49. Learn how you can complete these Entrepreneurship Courses from home via distance learning at http://www.oxbridgeacademy.co.za/ You can also click on the button below to find out more:
50. If you liked this Slideshare Presentation, why not like, email, or share it?
http://ecommerce-for-business.com/shackles-boats-theboatonlinestore/ We offer a ...
Pretty similar to gold bars are these silver slabs. Silver is considered as the mo...
If you are an investor of gold bars and coins, one of the major things that you ou...
CyberSecurity's social media stats for one week as of Oct 21st 2014
CyberSecurity's social media stats for one week as of Oct 28th 2014
SBA.gov » Blogs » Starting a Business » 7 Inspiring Home Business Ideas for ... that help entrepreneurs and small business owners start ... Budget ...
... start-ups, small businesses and entrepreneurs. Tools. Sections. ... Test your business idea now; Apply for a loan to start a business; Find an accountant;
Find hundreds of profitable small business ideas and learn how to start a small business. ... Startup Budget: ... Small Town; Pets;
Do you want to simply do bookkeeping for a small business? ... To learn more about this business idea, check out Start ... but also on how to make a ...
Get more than 600 profitable small business ideas that you can start today! ... Small Business Ideas; Internet Business Ideas; Work at Home Idea;
Deciding to start a business can be one ... manage your budget, set your rates, conduct business ... small business marketing ideas as possible ...
Most people start a business with one key objective in mind ... If you’re a small business owner, ... Budget & Finances;
Assistance, information, and resources for small business owners looking for financing.
Home of Entrepreneur ... start a small business but don't have much money? Our low cost startup ideas will help you plan a business to fit your budget.