Published on October 13, 2014
1. Presented by Gajendra Singh Final Year RIET JAIPUR
2. ABOUT 3D TV TV that employs techniques of 3D presentation, such as stereoscopic nature and 3D display . This presents a three dimensional view of the scene to the viewers. It is expexted to be the next revolution in TV history. This requires a 3D TV system with real time acquisition, transmission & 3D display of dynamic scenes.
3. Principle of 3D view Human vision –each eye sees a slightly different perspective of the same scene as eyes are 3 inches apart. The brain takes images from both eyes, merges them together to form our 3D view. Getting the 3D effect at home involves tricking the brain into doing something similar with the images that it gets from a TV set. Figure out a way to precisely show a set of slightly different images to each of your eyes.
4. Technical Overview The whole system consists of mainly 3 blocks: Acquisition Transmission Display
5. Acquisition Consists of hardware synchronized cameras. Capture live , uncompressed video streams & encode them using standard MPEG coding. Each camera captures progressive high-definition video in real time.
6. Transmission Compressed video is broadcast on separate channels over a transmission network, which could be digital cable, satellite TV or the Internet. Gigabit Ethernet provides the connectivity between decoders and consumers . Gigabit Ethernet -high speed form of Ethernet (the most widely installed LAN technology), that can provide data transfer rates of about 1 gigabit per second (Gbps).
7. Technologies to display 3D content Basic requirement –to display offset images that are filtered separately to the left and right eye. Two strategies for this- With eyeglasses required to filter the separate offset images to each eye. Without eyeglasses –let the lightsource split the images directionally into the viewer’s eyes.
8. Common 3D display techologies With eyeglasses: Anaglyphic method Polarization method Alternate-frame sequencing (with active shutter lenses) Without eyeglasses: Autostereoscopic displays (Auto 3D).
9. Anaglyphic method Uses Passive red-cyan lenses.
10. Polarization method Uses passive polarized lenses
11. Autostereoscopy Any method of displaying stereoscopic images without the use of special eyeglasses. TV projects two different images that are picked up by the right eye and the left eye - without having to wear any glasses. Autostereoscopic display technologies include: lenticular viewing parallel barrier other methods
12. Parallax barrier
13. Applications Education, Training and Simulation. Medicine and dentistry Entertainment and game industry. Military. Market application. Cultural Heritage.
14. Future of 3D TV More realistic with view from any angle. More features that will give a lively experience. Japan plans to make the futuristic television a commercial reality by 2020. The targeted “virtual reality” television would allow people to view high definition images in 3D from any angle, in addition to being able to touch and smell the object being projected upwards from a screen to the floor. Such a TV could be useful in home-shopping programs, medical industry,etc
15. Conclusion Concept of 3D is known for decades . Stereoscopic 3D TV is an old concept. Autostereoscopy is a new one to develop efficiently. There is a need of more development in this field. Improvement required in the color reproduction of natural scenes on multi-view display. In future, there will be a live television experience similar to real time experience.
16. Thank you
Presentación que realice en el Evento Nacional de Gobierno Abierto, realizado los ...
In this presentation we will describe our experience developing with a highly dyna...
Presentation to the LITA Forum 7th November 2014 Albuquerque, NM
Un recorrido por los cambios que nos generará el wearabletech en el futuro
Um paralelo entre as novidades & mercado em Wearable Computing e Tecnologias Assis...
Presented by- SHAKIL MUHAMMAD UET PESHAWAR PAKISTAN 3D Technology 2. TECHNOLOGY 3. Watching movies in the third dimension might ... Share 3 d technology.
Television technology Television technology 1923 This television was invented in 1923 by a man named Philo T. Farnsworth. It seems to be that he may have ...
View 2164 Television Technology posts, presentations, experts, and more. ... Head of Technology, Television Productions at BBC. Bristol, United Kingdom.
Share 3 d technology. Embed size(px) start on. Link. 3 d technology. by ilad1990. on May 30, 2015. Report Category: Documents. Download: 0 Comment: 0. 378 ...
What does it take to survive in the fleeting world of Indian television? Ask Gajendra Singh, ... Technology. Hardware. Headend ... One on one discussion ...
People from Uttar Pradesh; Valmiki. Amir Khusrow. ... K. D. Singh, former national ... Gajendra Singh, CMD Saaibaba Telefilms; ...
Wikipedia:WikiProject India/Articles/Page1 ... of Engineering and Technology, Kolhapur - D.Hirehal ... - Gajendra Singh - Gajendra Singh Shaktawat ...
Gajendra Singh. Follow 57. Facebook. ... manufactures and markets d ... Game of Thrones is the 2011 HBO television adaption of George R. R. Martin's ...