Published on January 2, 2017
1. www.slideshare.net/vdth/ Round Table Educators Vancouver Disciplined Trading Hub
2. This is a presentation prepared for Education purposes only. Neither Vancouver Disciplined Trading Hub (VDTH), Round Table Educators (RTE) or Prosperis Passive Income Strategies (PPIS) nor any of its personnel are registered broker-dealers or investment advisors. We may mention that we consider certain securities or positions to be good candidates for the types of strategies we are discussing or illustrating. This does not mean that we are telling you to trade these exact strategies or securities. Keep in mind that we are not providing you with any specific recommendations or personalized advice about your own trading activities. The information we are providing is not tailored to any particular individual. Any mention of a particular security is not a recommendation to buy, sell, or hold that or any other security, or a suggestion that it is suitable for any specific person. Trading ALWAYS involves a risk of loss, even if we are discussing strategies that are intended to limit risk. VDTH, RTE and PPIS are not subject to trading restrictions. We could have a position in a security or initiate a position in a security we mention at any time. Disclaimer
3. Agenda • Who are we? • What is Disciplined Trading? • Our Inspiration • Non-Directional Trades • Directional Trades • Content for the week • Round Table Vancouver Disciplined Trading Hub
4. Who are We? Karim Adatia, CPA Maki Yanagi <Financial Educator> <Geek> <Full-time Stock Options Trader>
5. Who are We? Vancouver Disciplined Trading Hub 5:30 PM EVERY SUNDAY Cedar Cottage Cafe 1303 Kingsway, Vancouver, BC
6. What is Disciplined Trading? “The typical trader doesn’t predefine his risk, cut his losses, or systematically take profits because the typical trader doesn’t believe it’s necessary. The only reason why he would believe it isn’t necessary is that he believes he already knows what’s going to happen next, based on what he perceives is happening in any given moment.” - Mark Douglas But a Disciplined Trader will … 1) Predefine their risk before taking a trade 2) Cut their losses without hesitation 3) Use a systematic money management plan What Most Traders Do…
7. Agenda • Our Inspiration • Content for the week Vancouver Disciplined Trading Hub
8. Our Inspiration Mark Douglas Norman Hallet
9. Content Disclaimer Content Availability to VDTH Meetup Members 1) Reference To Source 2) By Donation In the Content Portion this Meetup we may play copyrighted material; the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available for the purposes of criticism, comment and review which constitutes the "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work for purposes such as criticism, comment or review is not infringement of copyright.
10. NON- DIRECTIONAL TRADES Stocks and Equity Options 3-month Program US$799 DIRECTIONAL TRADES
11. Non-Directional Trade Characteristics RANGE-BOUND INDEX-LINKED 25-DAY TIMEFRAME GUARANTEED TIME DECAY OPTION WRITING AVERAGE RETURN ~ 8% What does this mean?
12. The Iron Condor Options Strategy
13. SPX (S&P 500) SHORT CALL: = 2270 2150 22702030 95% TRADING RANGE: 2030 - 2270 SHORT PUT: = 2030 LONG PUT as protection 5 points away LONG PUT as protection 5 points away 22752025
14. Today’s Non-Directional Trade WEEK OF: JAN 2 - 6 2017 STEP 1: INFORMATION -105.00 -100.00 (SPX VALUE) +100.00 +105.00 Long Put Short Put Short Call Long Call STEP 2: TRADE Watch Video: STEP 3: MANAGEMENT Watch Video: CALL ALERT: SPX Value + 65= PUT ALERT: SPX Value - 65= YOUR PRACTICE TRADE
15. Directional Trade
16. Directional Trade ACTIVETRADER LINK BULLS FOR JAN 3, 2017 BEARS FOR JAN 3, 2017
17. This Week’s Content
18. This Week’s Content Nobody Likes To Be Disciplined (01:21) Thursday December 29, 2016 Trading Vs Investing (05:42) Expect Corrections (04:42)
19. Vancouver Disciplined Trading Hub Schedule January 8 January 15 January 22 January 29
20. Backup Slides
21. The Guarantee with Options – Time will Decay SELL BUY BACK $$$ RETURN TO CHARACTERISTICS OF NON-DIRECTIONAL TRADES
Sunday 16 July 2017 Contact US ... 2017 06-04 Meetup Slides. Slides for the nineteenth Meetup for the Vancouver Disciplined Trading Hub. www.meetup.com/vdthub
The April 2017 East Bay WordPress Meetup addressed two powerful method of laying out HTML objects with CSS: the Flexible Box Model, better known as “Flexbox ...
My Meetup Slides: Deploy and Manage Kubernetes Clusters on Ubuntu in the ... I'm happy to share my slides below, ... //insights.ubuntu.com/2017/06/02/kubernetes ...
Imply is a cloud-native analytics platform for high volume real ... Druid February Meetup Slides ... //speakerdeck.com/implydatainc/druid-feb-2017-roadmap; Back ...
Slides: UK cross-government accessibility meetup. ... 26 June 2017 by David Swallow. ... I was given the opportunity to speak at the meetup along with Ruth MacMullen, ...
Presentation on Scala's Dotty, prepared for Singapore Scala Meetup on 12 April 2017.
It’s 2017! Learn the smart way! “My prescription for misery is to learn ... Courtland SE Daily Meetup Slides.key Created Date: 1/21/2017 3:15:02 AM ...
Meetup. Toastmasters . District 55. Bill Friedrich, DTM, PRP. William C. Friedrich, Jr., DTM, PRP. District Executive Committee Meeting January 7, 2017