Published on March 16, 2016
1. Amazon Search Jeff Cohen & Patrick Muir
2. Born From Amazon Sellers ● Award Winning Innovation ● Dedicated Customer Service ● Illustrious Educational Content
3. ● How Amazon search works ● How to improve your listings for better placement ● How to improve your listings for conversions ● 5 steps to search success! Agenda
4. “Almost a third of people looking to buy something started on Amazon--that’s more than twice the number who went straight to Google.” http://googlepolicyeurope.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-new-grundergeist.html
5. “Amazon is more than just a marketplace, it’s a shopping search engine. They [Amazon] are answering users’ questions and searches, just as we are”. Eric Schmidt - Google http://googlepolicyeurope.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-new-grundergeist.html
6. “Forty-eight percent of all purchase decisions made in the US--that’s $1.5 trillion--are now influenced by digital decisions.” http://venturebeat.com/2012/07/26/amazon-online-shoppers-research/
7. Amazon Search The best place to hide a dead body is page 2 of Amazon Search According to Amazon only 30% of search goes past page 1
8. “Search is the primary way shoppers look for products on Amazon”
9. What Amazon Says About Search https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help-page.html?itemID=10471 Search is the primary method customers use to locate products. Views for a product detail page can increase significantly by adding just one additional search term. Price, availability, selection and sales history help determine where products appear in search results. Better-selling products tend to be at the beginning of a results list. As your sales of a product increase, so does your placement.
10. Powered By A9
11. Super Geniuses In Silicon Valley
12. Poll Question 1: Where do you spend the most effort in trying to improve your products discoverability: Listing Optimization Product Samples/ Reviews Sponsored Ads Pricing
13. Direct Influence ● Title ● Keywords ● Bullets ● Images ● Price ● Fulfillment ● Description ● Inventory Levels
14. Doesn’t Describe What You Sell
15. Describe Your Product The Way People Search
16. Write Creative That Sells
17. Tips When Creating Content ● Read the style guide for the category. ● Less is usually more. A shopper should be able to make a purchase decision from your title alone. ● Use simple HTML formatting in your descriptions. ● Carefully tweak one thing at a time ● Regularly review your conversion rates and other data within Amazon business reports ● Have someone proofread your copy
18. Photos Matter! “Great photos are likely to help you sell products online, yet few sellers put the time and effort into making their photos spectacular” (1) http://services.amazon.com/post/Tx1BW3YG9NP1JND/Three-Tips-for-Better-Product-Images
19. Shopper Survey Surveyed 1,000 online shoppers about how much product photography influences their purchasing decision. For the first question we asked: “On a scale of 1-5, how much do photos impact your choice to buy a product? An answer of 1 meant “no impact” and an answer of 5 meant “major impact.”
20. Sixty percent of those who responded said photos were a major impact in the buying decision, with 25% saying it made an impact.
21. How many photos of a product would your prefer to see?
22. Indirect Influence Buyer Intent Sales Reviews
23. To rank in search I need sales To get sales I need to rank in search?
24. Secrets To Sales On Amazon
25. Leverage Amazon’s Promotion System
26. Amazon Sponsored Product Ads
27. Secrets To Increasing Reviews
28. Amazon Vine
29. Ask Your Current Buyers Send a message right when the order is delivered or shortly after to ensure a great experience then ask for a product review. Automate the process to reduce administrative work. Message buyers who leave positive feedback and ask them for reviews.
30. Real Life Example from $25K Challenge
31. How to Tell if your Campaigns are Working?
32. Poll Question 2 Would you like to find out how marketing promotions can improve your search position? I'd like to learn more about how to improve my discoverability I'd like some more information on generating product reviews from my current sales
33. 5 Steps To Search Success
34. Want More? www.SellerLabs.com
Amazon WorkSpaces Virtual Desktops in the Cloud . ... you will learn something new at an AWS Summit. ... © 2016, Amazon Web Services, Inc. or its affiliates.
Amazon Search Secrets Presentation from the 2015 Virtual Summit for Amazon Sellers ... lifting for Seller Labs's ... 2016 Seller Labs ...
Learning Labs; Certification Center; ... Summit 2016 delivered insights and inspiration ... Citrix Summit 2017 Anaheim, California ...
Visit the Global Summit Series page for a complete list of ... These webinars feature technical sessions led by AWS ... © 2016, Amazon Web Services, Inc ...
Books Advanced Search New Releases Best Sellers The New York Times® Best Sellers Children's Books Textbooks Textbook Rentals ... © 1996-2016, Amazon.com ...
Virtual labs: Events for When . Boy Scouts (6th Grade +): Digital Technology Merit Badge. Microsoft Store Bethesda. Starts: Wednesday ... ©2016 Microsoft ...
SCOE is a conference for online sellers in all categories, especially Amazon sellers. Open Menu. Registration; ... 25, 2016 | Doubletree by Hilton, ...
Current Status Details RSS; Amazon CloudFront: Service is operating normally: Amazon CloudSearch (Sao Paulo) Service is operating normally: Amazon ...
Pathology Informatics Summit 2016. PROGRAM: Two parallel tracks: ... More than 250 attendees from pathology departments and clinical labs from across the ...