Published on February 24, 2014
Can A Believer Loss His/Her Salvation? Hebrews 6 : 4 - 6 4For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
1. What is Salvation? Romans 6 : 1 - 8 1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 7For he that is dead is freed from sin. 8Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
MAN AT THE CREATION: PERFECT MAN FELL IN SIN, HUMAN’S SPIRIT DIES THROUGH CHRIST’S CROSS, HUMAN HAD BEEN RESURECTED FROM DEATH HUMAN’S BODY HUMAN’S BODY HUMAN’S BODY HUMAN’S SOUL HUMAN’S SOUL HUMAN’S SPIRIT OUT HUMAN’S SPIRIT HUMAN’S SOUL GOD’S SPIRIT IN • Genesis 1:27 stated that man was created perfectly. • Romans 6:1-8 stated that because of sin, men are dead. Actually, it is human’s spirit that dies. Human’s body and soul will also die when their life on earth ended. • Romans 6:1-8 then stated, that dead human’s spirit, had been replaced with God’s Spirit. Hence those who received Christ, live with their own body and soul, but their spirit is actually the Spirit of God, or Holy Spirit.
2. Living In Salvation • For that reason, those who are saved became unique, because they have God’s Spirit inside of them. • However, human are not yet perfect even though they are saved, because their body and soul are still bound to the tendency to sin, even though the sin had been pardoned. • Human still have free will, and can sin if they want to. To be free from sin, human have to consciously surrender themselves to the direction and guidance of the Holy Spirit who is inside of them. Holy Spirit will not push His will on human to be holy. • On the other side, when human’s soul are kept to be focused on God’s Words, then it will be easier for human’s body, to follow God’s Word.
2.a. The Power of Repetition (Habit) • Watch when someone learn to type. At first, he will have to look at the keyboard. After a while, he no longer have to. • Watch a body work-out. When someone had just started, work-out seems to be hard to do. But after it became a habit, not working out feels uncomfortable. • Surrendering yourself to God’s Word and the voice of the Holy Spirit, can be fathomed in the same way: to make it a habit (Psalm 1:1-3). Just to make it a habit won’t change us, but when we make it a habit, the Holy Spirit starts to work, and the same thing: like not having to look at the keyboard, or feeling uncomfortable for not doing it, starts to happen to us. • When the Holy Spirit works, our habit is no longer just a habit, but became a need, and finally became a lifestyle.
2.b. Your Choice Effects Your Brain • There a part on human's brain, related to high intellectuality, knowing what's right and what's wrong, emotion and cognitive memory. • Dependency on drugs or narcotics, will damage this part (called prefrontal cortex), so gradually the functions mentioned above will be damaged, and almost impossible to be repaired. It will keep on deteriorating. • Psalm 1:1-3 is the prescription to improve this part of the brain, so the longer it is, with the help of the Holy Spirit, the functions would keeping on getting better. • Just as an addict is almost impossible to be well, someone whose prefrontal cortex's always nurtured with God's Word, praise, worship, ministry, gratitude and peace, will be quite impossible to suddenly do a bad or a mean thing.
2.c. A Conscious Choice Made Easy • To help you picture it, take a look at the mixing between water and salt, or what is commonly known by homogenous mixture. • When water is mixed to the point of saturation, then the water molecules and the salt molecules merge into salty water. When you taste it, only with our senses, we will not be able to tell it apart, water or salt. • Just as the saturation of salt and water, we can be saturated by the Holy Spirit so whatever choice made by the Holy Spirit, becomes our choice. Whatever the Holy Spirit rejects, we also rejects. • The word "filled" by the Holy Spirit is πλήθω (plḗthō - OT) and (ravah - NT), both means being filled to the point of saturation. • This is why, if we are indeed being filled with the Holy Spirit, then living in holiness would no longer be a struggle.
3. The Unpardonable Sin • If we try to torch water, the water will not ignite. • However, if we boil the water, at a certain point, the water will be no more because it evaporates. • Does sin, like a torched fire, can make water evaporates instantly? The Bible never stated that there is such a sin. However, if someone keep on sinning, at a certain point, the salvation can be lost. • This is what happened to Saul in 1 Samuel 28:6. If we read Saul's story, even though he had been rejecting God for quite some time, God still helped him. But eventually, God withdrew from him. • Just like Saul, if we keep on rejecting God, at a certain point God will honour our free will and the Holy Spirit will stop trying to be close to us. This is the unpardonable sin. Not because God refuse to forgive, but because we refuse to repent.
4. The Paradox of Chicken and Egg • There is someone who said that, if someone had repented, how can he reject God. On the contrary, if someone rejected God, how would it be possible to say that he had repented before. This argument is the argument of which one is first: chicken or egg. • The answer is actually very simple: It is possible that someone seems to have repented, but actually just an emotional outburst, not a genuine repentance. Later, he will return to his sinning life like before. Galatians 6:7-8 stated: 7Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
5. The First To Cast A Stone • John 8:1-9 2And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them. 3And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 4They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 5Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
5. The First to Cast a Stone - continued • The unpardonable sin, is indeed a Bible principle. However, it is important to remember, that judging a sin, is God's prerogative. Not one man on earth has the right to judge, including to judge about someone’s repentance. • When we met someone who we knew for a fact had came to the front on a "challenge to repent" at the church, but also saw as a fact to sin, that didn't give us the right to talk about that person, or to do something based on that fact. • When someone became a member of a church, then you found any fact of sin on the person’s life, it can be reported to one person only: the Pastor of the church, only once, and never again. • The position of elders of the church, or deacons, does not give the right to someone to have any say, much less to decide on things related to someone’s repentance. Only the Pastor, as the set man of the house (church) has the authority to even ask God about it.
Kesimpulan • So, does someone who had genuinely repented loose his salvation? The answer is NO, because 1 Corinthians 6:19 stated : What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? • However, whether someone does or does not loose his salvation, there is no one on earth has the right to judge. If there is any discussion with or action taken to the person, only the Pastor has the authority - with the understanding that the model of relationship that God gave to men, is always the Father-son model. • However, if someone is still has the desire to return to the Lord, however difficult or however long it would take, the truth is he has not loose his salvation.
1 Corinthians 14:26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.
Skip navigation Upload. Sign in
... "Lost Salvation", a la venta el 26 de enero. ... SONOTONES junto con DESPOJOS DE POETA en Madrid - 14 horas hace; ... 08. Dematerialize 09. What You ...
The Black Crowes were an American ... and were later officially released on The Lost ... 2013, The Black Crowes returned to their hometown of Atlanta ...
No Love Lost (Joe Budden album) No ... as he finally finds salvation ... and "She Don't Put It Down" is as infectious as any other single in 2013. But ...
Enhance your IMDb Page. ... 7 October 2016 7:00 AM, -08:00 | Indiewire. Why you should watch the ... All Is Lost (2013)
August 28, 2013. Remarks by the ... there were times when some of us claiming to push for change lost our way. ... En Español; Accessibility;
Magic Story was previously titled Uncharted Realms, ... 2013-08-07 : Flavor text (From ... About MTG Salvation Wiki; Disclaimers;
The Best of 2013 (Dezarate Continuous ... Groove Salvation, Miss Luna. The Best of 2013. 7:17 $1.69. 32. Ibiza ... Lost in Space (Original Mix)
Übersetzung für necessary im Englisch-Deutsch-Wörterbuch ... EN SV IS IT RU FR RO PT HU LA NL SK HR ES ... F 2013-08-28: Placeholders ...