Published on February 3, 2014
12 tips for creating the perfect copy for your company website. By Splash Copywriters http://www.splashcopywriters.co.uk
1. Listen to your customers… … before someone else does. What you have to say about your business isn’t important – what a prospective customer needs to hear is.
So be minimalistic with your words and choose them wisely.
2. What makes you read stuff? When it comes to writing web copy, your best bet is to think about what gets you reading.
Which writing styles interest you? Work that out and then go from there. Pay attention to the good, effective things on the internet.
3. Be efficient with your words. It’s estimated that you’ve got just 7 seconds to make an impression online. So the purpose of each sentence is simple – it’s to get the next one read.
4. Stay on brand. Don’t persevere with something just because you’ve written it. Make sure your taglines, headlines, copy and images all work together.
5. Manage your peaks... … not your troughs. That means stay on top of your website and take note of what’s effective and what’s working well for your business.
6. Less is more. The digital generation prefer more white space. And that’s helpful, because it makes your words potentially more powerful.
So avoid dissemination. Be clear about what each web page is supposed to achieve and keep as much space as possible.
7. Punctuation rules. Most people underestimate punctuation, but the best brands use it to manipulate the way we read and feel about their messages. Understand why punctuation exists and what it can do.
8. Write with design in mind. There’s no point coming up with the best marketing tagline in the world if it doesn’t fit nicely around an image.
It’s like laughing at your own joke – you’re going to butcher the delivery. Take a step back, look at your website and get an overview of all the content to see if it works together.
9. Use emotion in your words. Because, frankly, emotion sells. People always remember the way a business makes them feel, so bear that in mind when you’re presenting your business.
10. Be search-friendly. There’s no point having an all-singing, alldancing website if no one ever finds it. Create metadata for your content, optimise your website and work on establishing backlinks.
11. Use natural language. Use everyday language to talk about your business. It works, so why complicate things with unnecessary jargon?
12. Have good headlines. Break up your text and your pages with effective headlines. Lead with a benefit, a teaser or some sort of interesting story. Remember: a bad headline won’t bring you visitors in the first place.
Splash Copywriters are experienced, creative copywriters who have written for some of the UK’s biggest brands.
We know how to write words that work, so if you think we can help you in any way, get in touch.
Call Matt on 07812 581 297 or take a look at our website: www.splashcopywriters.co.uk
Brands are more invested today than ever before on curating and distributing paid,...
Marketers need to be creating and publishing original content across many differen...
As content marketing continues to increase in popularity in every industry, more m...
Il Direct Email Marketing (DEM) è una tipologia di marketing diretto che usa la po...
This presentation contains all 120 rules from Part 1 of the 2nd edition of "Email ...
Within this short list of steps to the perfect website ... soon be on your way to creating professional website ... Wales company registration number ...
... it’s an opportunity to put in writing your website ... Home → Writing The Perfect ... what is expected of them when creating the budget ...
Use these 11 copywriting and design tips to make your brochures and ... 11 Ways to Make Your ... How do you write copy that gets your brochures ...
12 Tips for Writing More Effective Business Emails. ... Writing Essential Business Copy: Tips from a ... 5 Reasons Your Company Needs to Embrace Mobile ...
Get inspired by these awesome 'About Us' page examples from real companies. ... About Us' page examples here, and get tips ... copy. Which companies do you ...
Here are 12 tips on writing a brochure that will ... Don't be tempted to put only your company logo or ... information in your brochure will ...
It's not okay to take a photograph and upload it to your website without resizing it and optimizing it ... More Tips for Creating a Global Website.
Creating a catchy company name. Creating a catchy company name for a new business is always necessary: whether you just start working as a freelancer or ...
How to Create an Advertisement. ... Find a software or technique creating your advertisement. ... recheck and check your ad copy again.