Published on January 1, 2017
1. Joshua 6:12-25 Conquest December 11, 2016 First Baptist Church Jackson, Mississippi USA
2. https://www.allenschool.edu/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/number-1.jpg What’s the number one thing?
3. http://christianitymalaysia.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/glory-to-god.jpg The Glory of God!
4. 1 Corinthians 10:31 ESV 31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
6. http://www.cmaresources.org/files/images/multiplication-300x272.jpg First Baptist Church Jackson Mission: Multiply Disciples to Live Like Jesus.
7. December memory verse: Isaiah 9:6 ESV 6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
8. Mission First Christmas Party Thursday, December 15th Begins at 2:30 p.m. At Mission First.
9. http://calvarycsd.org/sermons/guest-speaker-brian-michaels-the-book-of-joshua-part-6/?ct_download=http://www.calvarycsd.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/guest-speaker.jpg Mark Rich - Cyprus
10. Upcoming Sunday School Schedule: 12/18/16 Mark Rich 12/25/16 Christmas Day - no Sunday School 01/01/17 New Year’s Day - no Sunday School 01/08/17 Joshua 24:14-28
11. https://bispobira.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/walls-of-jericho.jpg Today Joshua 6:12-25 Conquest
12. Joshua 6:12-25 ESV 12Then Joshua rose early in the morning, and the priests took up the ark of the LORD.13 And the seven priests bearing the seven trumpets of rams' horns before the ark of the LORD walked on, and they blew the trumpets continually. And the armed men were walking before them, and the rear guard was walking after the ark of the LORD, while the trumpets blew continually.
13. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/600x315/81/96/d3/8196d36151f191090effb5e7267df4d5.jpg 14 And the second day they marched around the city once, and returned into the camp. So they did for six days.
14. 15 On the seventh day they rose early, at the dawn of day, and marched around the city in the same manner seven times. It was only on that day that they marched around the city seven times.
15. http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/mp/r1/lp-e/w15/2015/1769 16 And at the seventh time, when the priests had blown the trumpets, Joshua said to the people, “Shout, for the LORD has given you the city.
16. 17 And the city and all that is within it shall be devoted to the LORD for destruction. Only Rahab the prostitute and all who are with her in her house shall live, because she hid the messengers whom we sent.
17. 18 But you, keep yourselves from the things devoted to destruction, lest when you have devoted them you take any of the devoted things and make the camp of Israel a thing for destruction and bring trouble upon it. 19 But all silver and gold, and every vessel of bronze and iron, are holy to the LORD; they shall go into the treasury of the LORD.”
18. 20 So the people shouted, and the trumpets were blown. As soon as the people heard the sound of the trumpet, the people shouted a great shout, and the wall fell down flat, so that the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they captured the city.
19. https://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/content/images/gospel-library/manual/31118/31118_000_025_09.jpg http://media.tumblr.com/dbab0a465ed23ad587776adc757477aa/tumblr_inline_mij0dqJvOI1qz4rgp.jpg
20. http://www.gregoryerichphillips.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/joshua.jpg 21Then they devoted all in the city to destruction, both men and women, young and old, oxen, sheep, and donkeys, with the edge of the sword.
21. https://virtuousgirls.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/rahab-wotw.jpg 22 But to the two men who had spied out the land, Joshua said, “Go into the prostitute's house and bring out from there the woman and all who belong to her, as you swore to her.”
22. 23 So the young men who had been spies went in and brought out Rahab and her father and mother and brothers and all who belonged to her. And they brought all her relatives and put them outside the camp of Israel. 24 And they burned the city with fire, and everything in it. Only the silver and gold, and the vessels of bronze and of iron, they put into the treasury of the house of the LORD.
23. 25 But Rahab the prostitute and her father's household and all who belonged to her, Joshua saved alive. And she has lived in Israel to this day, because she hid the messengers whom Joshua sent to spy out Jericho. Joshua 6:12-25 ESV
24. https://notestowomen.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/rahab-and-her-family.jpg http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xlCeiakx5rY/UXh_2V48cpI/AAAAAAAADX0/uh3HUhAQRzg/s1600/Rachel-and-the-Spies.jpg
25. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/MuRmxkCObIY/hqdefault.jpg Jon Courson's Application Commentary OldTestamentVolume 1
26. A Prophetic Overview of Joshua ATopical Study of Joshua 1-24 The Bible speaks of the return of Jesus Christ clearly and constantly so let there be no question about it. Jesus Christ is coming back!
27. In fact, almost one-third of the Bible deals with prophetic themes or issues. This is not surprising, for looking and longing for the coming of our Lord is such a key in navigating the Christian life successfully.
28. 1 John 3:2b-3 ESV 2b we know that when He appears we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him as He is. 3 And everyone who thus hopes in Him purifies himself as He is pure.
29. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6tzRiT-BrDs/TIGM_Ih3dAI/AAAAAAAAAX0/0AJWPvlAfqw/s640/Gods+Glory.jpg God sees you just as pure as He sees His Son – right now!
30. Looking for the coming of the Lord has a purifying effect on our lives because it keeps us focused on Heaven. Not only does looking for Jesus' coming purify our lives, but it produces peace in our hearts.
31. http://www.alighthouse.com/files15/garden_tima.jpg "Don't let your heart be troubled," Jesus said. "You believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions. I go to prepare a place for you" (John 14:1-2).
32. So often, people lack peace because they've lost the air of expectancy. Anxiety (the opposite of peace) is envisioning a future without God in it.
33. The Bible talks about prophecy in principles, precepts—and also in pictures. One of the pictures that is absolutely intriguing is the picture portrayed in the Book of Joshua.
34. http://sarahelisabethwrites.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/joshua.jpg Following are a few of the parallels, portraits, "sneak previews" of the end times presented in the Book of Joshua.
35. Joshua and Jesus: The Book of Joshua is a wonderful illustration of what it means to live the Spirit-filled life but there's another dimension of the Book of Joshua and that is, it relates to the coming of the Kingdom.
36. Joshua pictures and portrays Jesus. The names, "Joshua," and "Jesus" are the same name = Savior. Yeshua is the Hebrew rendering; "Joshua" the Greek rendering; and "Jesus" the English pronunciation of the Greek. Jesus = God is salvation.
37. http://www.richardcrouse.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/nativitystorythe_photos_1.jpg Matthew 1:21 ESV 21 She will bear a son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”
38. https://thebiblehistorybooks.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/joshua1.jpg Driving Out the Usurpers: We see Joshua driving out the usurpers in the land of Canaan.
39. Different peoples had taken up residence in the land God had given to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob while their descendants were in Egypt for four hundred years. As Joshua returns to the Land, he was to drive out these usurpers.
40. This parallels the situation we're in today, for this world has been usurped by Satan. War, famine, disease, and rape are all due to his hand. Satan has been given temporary control of this planet.
41. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-phjjooymNNo/UEaXiYolJDI/AAAAAAAADoM/JLVeIYGrNNI/s1600/Puppet+master.gif That's why Jesus called him the prince of this world (John 12:31), and why Paul called him the god of this world (2 Corinthians 4:4).
42. Although Satan was loaned the title deed to this planet after Adam sinned in the Garden of Eden, when Jesus died on the Cross, He paid for the sins of all humanity—including Adam's rebellion. Consequently, the sin has been paid for.
43. And there's coming a Day—not too far away— when Jesus will come back to the Earth to take control. The Canaanites, hellions, demons, and Satan are presently having their way on this planet.
44. But there's definitely coming a Day when the Lord will take control. The Book of Joshua pictures this fact, as we see Joshua driving out the usurpers, sending them packing, wiping them out.
45. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x95/jigsable/tribulation_map.jpg It took Joshua seven years to drive out the usurpers which is interesting because a seven- year theme appears in prophecy, as well.
46. https://premillennialreturnchrist.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/chart03.jpg TheTribulation period described in Revelation 6-19 is a seven-year period in which God pours out His wrath on a Christ-rejecting world.
47. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Mcq6WuRsOCk/TJKD1H4_iAI/AAAAAAAAAlQ/IXWuRZJdiLE/s1600/Battle_of_Armageddon_2_ls.jpg TheTribulation deals with the usurping of Satan and the rising of antichrist, culminating in a final confrontation in the battle of Armageddon.
48. It took seven years for Joshua to conquer the Promised Land—just as it will take seven years after we are raptured (enter our Promised Land) to set the stage for the Second Coming of Christ when He will be Ruler and reign in Jerusalem.
49. Trumpets blowing & a great shout: In our text, today in Joshua 6 we see blowing of trumpets and a shout and as we study end time passages in the NT we see the same thing - (Revelation 11:15, 1 Corinthians 15:52, 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18).
50. Revelation 11:15 ESV 15Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet, and there were loud voices in Heaven, saying, “The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever.”
51. 1 Corinthians 15:51b-52 ESV 51bWe shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.
52. 1Thessalonians 4:16-18 ESV 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from Heaven with a cry of command (shout), with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. 18Therefore encourage one another with these words.
53. Our word "rapture" comes from Paul's "caught up" remark in v17. The words "caught up" are translated from the Greek word harpazo, which means "to carry off," "snatch up," or "grasp hastily."
54. The translation from harpazo to "rapture" involved two steps: • First, harpazo became the Latin word raptus. • Second, raptus became the English word "rapture."
55. Jesus said "My sheep hear My voice” (John 10:27). John 11:43 ESV 43When He (Jesus) had said these things, He cried out with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!”
56. 1Thessalonians 4:16 ESV “with a cry of command (a shout)” (in order to wake up the dead) John 5:28-29 28 Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear His voice 29 and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.
57. The Seven Nations In Joshua 3:10, we read of seven nations that would be driven out: the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Hivites, the Perizzites, the Girgashites, the Amorites, and the Jebusites.
58. But there's a problem because in Genesis 15, when God first told Abraham about the Promised Land, He named ten nations—the same seven nations of Joshua 3:10, plus three more.
59. Genesis 15:18 ESV 18 On that day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, “To your offspring I give this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the river Euphrates, 19 the land of the Kenites, the Kenizzites, the Kadmonites, 20 the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Rephaim, 21 the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Girgashites and the Jebusites.”
60. This means something as it relates to what antichrist will do. In Daniel 7, we are told that antichrist—the usurper, the coming world figure who will bring the world under his thumb during the Tribulation—will rule over an empire of ten nations, three of which are uprooted—just as portrayed in Genesis 15 and Joshua 3.
62. Adoni-zedek and Antichrist: Antichrist is a world leader who will be extremely charismatic and powerful—an amalgamation of every quality the world admires.
63. There is an antichrist picture in the Book of Joshua painted with uncanny accuracy. In Joshua 10, we see a man named Adoni- zedek. (Adoni means lord)
64. He is the King of Jerusalem, whose name means "The lord of righteousness." He's the “lord of righteousness" and he rules from Jerusalem, which is the city of peace. Antichrist will also appear to be righteous and a man of peace.
65. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RRZUSrh0wso/Tz1hTsU8-SI/AAAAAAAACdo/xbYwWqZBJ3k/s1600/Who%2Bis%2BMelchizedek_small.jpg There was another figure who was king of Salem, but was not a false entity. Appearing in the Genesis account in the days of Abraham, his name was not Adoni-zedek, but Melchi-zedek, and his name means "king of righteousness."
66. The Book of Hebrews tells us Melchi-zedek was either an incredible picture of Jesus Christ, or, as Jon Courson believes, an appearance of Christ. Abraham tithed to Melchi-zedek and worshiped Him.
67. http://whoareyoulord.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/melch-bread-and-wine.jpg?w=900 Melchi-zedek, in turn, gave to Abraham bread and wine, the symbols of Communion.
68. https://chrislinzey.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/antichrist.jpg Adoni-zedek, in Joshua 10, appears to be like Melchi-zedek, but he's a false Christ, a picture of the antichrist.
69. The Gibeonites and theTribulation Believers: In Joshua 10, we read that Adoni-zedek organized a coalition of nations to wage war against Gibeon. Why?
70. Because the Gibeonites had made peace with Joshua. Having heard about Joshua's victories, the men of Gibeon wanted to be on the winning side so they tricked Joshua by sending emissaries from their number with ragged clothes, dry wineskins, and crusty bread, saying they came from a far country.
72. When Joshua discovered they were not from a far country at all, he would not destroy them because he honored his treaty with them (Joshua 9). In theTribulation period, when the wrath of the Lamb is poured out, many people will be like the Gibeonites.
74. Seeing the destruction round about them, they'll choose to be on the winning side and will become believers. Antichrist will wage war against them, just like Adoni-zedek waged war against the Gibeonites.
75. What happened to the Gibeonites? They become known as the Nethinims, those whose job was to carry water and hew wood for theTemple.
76. The people who get saved in theTribulation will be in Heaven, but, unlike us, they won't be the Bride of Christ. They'll serve in theTemple—not a bad place to be!
77. TheTribulation believers will have a different position in Heaven than we will have because they waited until they saw angels flying across the sky and prophets speaking in Jerusalem before they believed.
78. http://www.gerhardy.id.au/images/thomas030307_01.jpg "Thomas," Jesus said, "you've seen and believed. But blessed is the one who hasn't seen and yet has believed" (John 20:29).
79. http://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M52ec32062cb4d1a7533d715b57ddcc1co0&pid=15.1 Stones from the sky in Joshua and in Revelation
80. http://mudpreacher.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/five-kings-war-on-gibeon.jpg?w=300&h=195 Joshua went to war against Adoni-zedek and the other four kings of the Amorites in order to protect the Gibeonites.
81. http://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M44d49c1caa1bf60140063af5571a417fo0&w=205&h=164&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.25&pid=1.1 God killed more of the Amorites by raining down stones from the sky (either hailstones or with a meteor shower) than Joshua and his men killed with the sword.
82. Revelation 16:21 ESV 21 And great hailstones, about one hundred pounds each, fell from heaven on people; and they cursed God for the plague of the hail, because the plague (7th bowl) was so severe.
83. http://bobkaylor.com/wp-content/uploads/wrath-of-god.jpg Kings hiding in caves ---
84. https://whatshotn.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/joshua-and-the-five-kings.jpg Defeated in battle, Adoni-zedek and the other four kings hid in a cave (Joshua 10).
85. In Revelation 6, we read that the kings of the earth shall hide themselves in the mountains during the time of theTribulation, where they will ask the rocks to fall upon them.
86. Revelation 6:15-17 ESV 15Then the kings of the earth and the great ones and the generals and the rich and the powerful, and everyone, slave and free, hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains, 16 calling to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of HimWho is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb, 17 for the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?”
88. http://fbv.socialbiblia.com/images/joshua-and-five-kings.jpg Joshua needed more time and told the sun to stand still and according to Zechariah 14:7, during the coming of our Lord, the evening shall be light.
89. Zechariah 14:7 ESV 7 And there shall be a unique day, which is known to the LORD, neither day nor night, but at evening time there shall be light.
90. http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M690743f2116dea638c9368636c269c67o0&w=248&h=149&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.25&pid=1.1 In other words, the sun will stand still once again.
91. TheTwo Spies andTheTwoWitnesses: In Joshua 2, at the very beginning of the unfolding of the seven-year battles, two spies were sent in as witnesses because there was a woman named Rahab who needed to hear "You and your family can be saved".
92. They told her, "Hang a scarlet cord out your window"—picturing the bloodline of the blood of the Lamb that runs from cover to cover through the Scriptures.
94. Lineage of David and Jesus: • Salmon & Rahab • Boaz & Ruth • Obed • Jesse • David & Bathsheba • Solomon-------- Jesus!
95. Matthew 1: 1-6 ESV The Genealogy of Jesus Christ 1The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
96. 2 Abraham was the father of Isaac, and Isaac the father of Jacob, and Jacob the father of Judah and his brothers, 3 and Judah the father of Perez and Zerah byTamar, and Perez the father of Hezron, and Hezron the father of Ram,
97. 4 and Ram the father of Amminadab, and Amminadab the father of Nahshon, and Nahshon the father of Salmon, 5 and Salmon the father of Boaz by Rahab, and Boaz the father of Obed by Ruth, and Obed the father of Jesse,
98. 6 and Jesse the father of David the king. And David was the father of Solomon by the wife of Uriah, Matthew 1: 1-6 ESV
99. James 2:25 ESV 25 And in the same way was not also Rahab the prostitute justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way?
100. Hebrews 11:29-31 ESV 29 By faith the people crossed the Red Sea as on dry land, but the Egyptians, when they attempted to do the same, were drowned.
101. 30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down after they had been encircled for seven days. 31 By faith Rahab the prostitute did not perish with those who were disobedient, because she had given a friendly welcome to the spies. Hebrews 11:29-31 ESV
102. http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/images/bible-images/the-two-witnesses-of-revelation.jpg As seen in Revelation 11, two witnesses will appear—probably Elijah and Moses—to share the truth of the Gospel on the streets of Jerusalem.
103. Like the two witnesses in Joshua, they will bring hope and understanding. When the king of Jericho heard about these two men, Rahab eventually sent them away to hide in the mountains for three days.
104. In Revelation 11, the two witnesses will be killed and lie in the streets of Jerusalem for three days. After three days, just as the two spies were seen again, the two witnesses will appear again, for all the world to see.
105. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fEkD3PF3pN8/TWk3LOCbQsI/AAAAAAAADLw/2N1oaq4-yzg/s1600/cnn.jpg http://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Mbcc674253e50cc5c6bce40978d580e86o0&w=304&h=170&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.25&pid=1.1 For many years, people wondered how it could possibly be that the whole world would be able to see them but then came CNN and cell phones.
106. Ruling and Reigning: When the Land had been conquered, Joshua charged the people to rule the territory they had been given, taking care to deal with any remaining opposition.
107. http://i2.wp.com/www.loonwatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Jesus-Returns.jpg At the end of theTribulation, Jesus will come back—and we will come with Him (Jude 14) and reign with Him (Luke 19:16-19, 2Timothy 2:12).
108. Jude 14 ESV 14 It was also about these that Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His holy ones,
109. Luke 19:16-19 ESV 16The first came before Him, saying, ‘Lord,Your mina has made ten minas more.’ 17 And He said to him, ‘Well done, good servant! Because you have been faithful in a very little, you shall have authority over ten cities.’ 18 And the second came, saying, ‘Lord,Your mina has made five minas.’ 19 And He said to him, ‘And you are to be over five cities.’
110. http://donkpreston.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/millennium.jpg 2Timothy 2:12 ESV 12 if we endure, we will also reign with Him;
111. Just as the Promised Land was divided among theTwelveTribes of Israel in Joshua's day, each of us will have a role to play in the millennial kingdom, ruling over a certain area, having specific responsibilities (Ezekiel 45-48).
112. Making a Choice andTaking a Stand: After the Promised Land was divided, Joshua told the people to choose whom they would serve (Joshua 24:15).
113. Joshua 24:14-15 ESV ChooseWhomYouWill Serve 14 “Now therefore fear the LORD and serve Him in sincerity and in faithfulness. Put away the gods that your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD.
114. 15 And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the LORD, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.” Joshua 2:14-15 ESV
115. At the end of the Millennium, a choice must be made. As believers, we will rule and reign with Christ during the Millennium in our glorified bodies. Those who become believers during the Tribulation will be ushered into the Millennium and will have families.
116. http://r.b5z.net/i/u/6148286/i/our%20bieliefs/TIChild1.jpg As a result, those born during the Millennium will know nothing but peace, prosperity, and righteousness.
117. http://sdrministries.org/sermon/images/2nd/64.jpg Therefore, Satan—who will have been in the pit for 1,000 years—will be let loose for a little while to give them an opportunity to choose whom they will follow.
118. Tragically, many will choose to follow Satan, and there will be one last massive conflict, after which Satan and his followers will be cast into outer darkness (Matthew 25). Jesus may come today!
119. If not, then tomorrow we'll lift up our heads and say, "It could be today!" That's the way the Lord wants you and me to live.
120. The Lord wants us to live every day, saying, "No matter what pressures might come upon me or what problems might plague me, the fact is, I'm going to Heaven."
121. For those who don't believe, life on Earth is the best it will ever be. On the other hand, for believers, life on Earth is the worst it will ever be. Don't lose sight of Heaven.
122. If you're not heavenly minded, you'll get bogged down, depressed, and discouraged. But if you're heavenly minded, your heart is not troubled (John 14:1-2).
123. Sure, there are challenges and difficulties—but there is also an overarching optimism, peace, happiness, and freedom that transpires when men and women seek first the kingdom (Matthew 6:33).
124. May the Lord bless you as you do just that. • Talk about Heaven and look for the coming of the Lord. • You're one day closer than you were yesterday, that's for sure! • Lift up your head.
125. Things are going to be even more glorious. The best is yet to come!
126. The Plan of Hope & Salvation John 3:16 ESV 16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” John 14:6 ESV 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
127. Romans 3:23 ESV 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Romans 6:23a ESV 23a For the wages of sin is death, •Death in this life (the first death) is 100%. •Even Jesus, the only one who doesn’t deserve death, died in this life to pay the penalty for our sins. •The death referred to in Romans 6:23a is the second death explained in Revelation 21:8.
128. Revelation 21:8 ESV 8 “But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.” Romans 6:23b ESV 23b but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
129. Romans 5:8 ESV 8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Revelation 21:7 ESV 7 "The one who conquers will have this heritage, and I will be his God and he will be my son.” Romans 10:9-10 explains to us how to be conquerors.
130. Romans 10:9-10 ESV 9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. Romans 10:13 ESV 13 For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
131. If you have questions or would like to know more, Please, contact First Baptist Church Jackson at 601-949-1900 or http://firstbaptistjackson.org/contact/