Published on July 12, 2016
1. 10 TIPSTO FUTURE-PROOF YOUR INVESTMENT SELECTING A LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM Are You Equipped To: - Meet workforce learning needs? - Deliver personalised and engaging learning solutions? - Develop organisational capability for now and the future? Here are 10 tips to select the right, modern Learning Management System (LMS) for your organisation:
2. Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions allow organisations to move with speed and agility. Make sure your LMS is a cloud-based solution that keeps you up to date with best practices in learning, talent management and technology. Ensure your LMS is based in the cloud 1
3. A modern LMS extends beyond training management and e-Learning to house self-directed, on-the-job and social learning options in a single platform. This allows your employees to personalise their learning experience, and you to increase the scale, visibility and impact of your L&D offering. Consolidate all learning on a single platform 2
4. Over 50% of employees want to learn when and where it suits them.1 An LMS that enables learning content that is mobile-optimised and available on demand lets you capitalise on this preference and makes learning available anytime, anywhere. Ensure your LMS is mobile-optimised 3 Tauber, T. Investing in learning content: redefining priorities to keep up with the modern learner. Bersin byDeloitte, 2015.1.
5. Ensure your LMS makes learning engaging and easy to consume A modern LMS should deliver microlearning options as well as support different mediums from videos to podcasts and enable the integration of gaming principles to engage today’s young and busy learners. 4
6. Consider a modern LMS offering that can facilitate on-the-job learning by serving up competency-based development suggestions, or creating a learning exchange where employees can promote and sign-up for learning experiences, projects and secondments. Ensure your LMS caters for on-the-job learning activities 5
7. Sharing knowledge is the number one learning preference of employees today.2 A modern LMS should empower employees to share content and develop new learning material, and use rating and review functionality to support peer evaluations and recommendations. Ensure your LMS supports user-generated content and peer sharing 6 Johnson, D. (lead author) Aligning L&D to the rest of the organization. Bersin by Deloitte, 2015.2.
8. Learning supports speed-to-competence for new starters, helps employees achieve their performance goals and is part of ongoing career development. Your LMS should seamlessly integrate with onboarding, performance management and career development processes – ideally being one module within a Unified Talent Management solution. Ensure your LMS sits within an overall talent management solution 7
9. Make sure your LMS is powerful enough to enable you to consolidate and analyse real time data to evaluate the impact of learning, make smart decisions and guide learning spend. Ensure your LMS includes powerful analytics functionalities 8
10. Select an LMS that makes it easy to administer and track organisation-wide learning and deliver SCORM compliant e-learning. This will reduce costs and enable your learning professionals to focus on value-adding activities. Ensure your LMS manages administration and compliance requirements 9
11. Partner with an experienced LMS provider that will optimise their offering for your business. Opt for a fixed price implementation and confirm that your licensing fees include post-sales support to avoid hidden costs. Understand your LMS vendor’s service model and partnering approach 10
12. We are a global talent management software provider with a client base across 190 countries, including several Fortune 500 employers. Our award-winning SaaS platform unifies Recruitment and Onboarding, Learning and Development, Performance Management, and Succession Planning with Advanced Workforce Analytics running across all modules helping you to strategically align your talent resources to maximise employee value and business results. Visit our website for more information: pageuppeople.com
Choosing the right learning management system (LMS) for your organisation is no small task. There are a plethora of LMS providers out there ...
Choosing the right learning management system ... Ten Tips for Selecting a Learning Management ... Choosing the right learning management system (LMS) ...
... best learning management system (LMS) ... selecting the best Learning Management System for ... 10 Tips To Create a Winning Learning ...
10 Tips on Selecting a Learning Management System (LMS) ... an LMS for your company? Below are some tips or a ... of LMS service guaranteed? Tip #10.
It can be a real challenge to select the proper Learning Management System (LMS) ... Ten Steps to Choosing a Learning Management System. Leave a reply.
Although faculty and students are the primary learning management system users, ... Selecting an LMS that ... "Tips to Help Avoid eLearning and LMS ...
Here's 10 tips from City & Guilds Kineo to help you choose. ... Top Tips > Learning strategy and design > ... LMS; Learning management system;
If an organization is to evaluate learning management system (LMS) ... and Selecting a Learning Management System, ... Evaluate and Select an LMS: ...
• the key criteria to use when selecting a learning management system that ... Your LMS: Top 10 Tips ... the LMS in the HSE Delivering Learning to ...