Published on March 5, 2014
10 Story Telling Tips To Grab Your Students’ Attention USE STORY TELLING AS A TOOL TO HELP AWAKEN & DEVELOP YOUR STUDENTS!
“TEACHING IS A CREATIVE PROFESSION” SIR KEN ROBINSON - TED TALKS - HOW TO ESCAPE EDUCATIONS DEATH VALLEY Opening the Creative Tool box: Story Telling –
1. Get to Know Your Kids FIND OUT WHAT MAKES THEM TICK
2. Dive Into The Subject Matter TAKE SOME TIME TO RESEARCH THE SUBJECT.
3. Hook Them From The Start GRAB THEIR ATTENTION BY PRESENTING A PROBLEM THAT ENCOURAGES THEM TO KEEP LISTENING
4. Practice, Practice, Practice PRESENT THE STORY TO YOUR OWN KIDS, NIECES & NEPHEWS, OR FAMILY & FRIENDS
5. Tell the Truth DON’T JUST HIDE THE TRUTH BECAUSE THEY ARE KIDS
6. Create a Timeline KEEP YOURSELF ON TRACK & USE AN EMPTY TIMELINE, FILLING IN EVENTS AS THEY HAPPEN, TO VISUALLY ENGAGE YOUR STUDENTS
7. Get Up MOVE AROUND & ENGAGE YOUR STUDENTS
8. Make Eye Contact LET THEM KNOW YOU ARE PAYING ATTENTION TO THEM
9. Get Your Kids Moving INVITE YOUR KIDS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE STORY
10. Use Music MUSIC HAS BEEN USED THROUGHOUT HISTORY TO HELP PRESERVE TRADITIONS & TELL STORIES
Bonus Tip: Have Your Kids Retell the Story HAVE YOUR STUDENTS GET IN GROUPS AND RETELL THE STORY IN THEIR OWN WAY
Use story telling as a tool to help awaken and develop your students! Do you sometimes look up from the book you're reading to your class only to find ...
“Telling Your Story: Ten Tips For Writing Powerful College ... 2014 Communicating Your Story: 10 Tips for ... telling tips to grab your students' attention.
25 Attention-Grabbing Tips ... strategies for getting student attention are an important part of your ... Good tips. I am going to engage my students ...
First you must grab your listeners' attention--then ... Here are 10 techniques that are ... make the story about them. Increase your You ...
Share How do authors grab your attention. ... 10 story telling tips to grab your students' attention. How to write compelling articles that grab readers ...
... the first sentence of your narrative should catch your reader’s attention ... telling the story ... Short Story Tips: 10 Ways to Improve Your ...
3 Simple Strategies To Get Your Students To Pay Attention. ... tell a five-minute story about your first ... Michael! appreciate the good tips! Reply. ...
Get your: Storytelling 101 E ... You can tell a great story. Grab hold of the attention of your audience and ... of other students. *Parents: Mesmerize ...
In order to fully grasp the attention of your students ... 4 Psychological Triggers That Can Help You Grab ... story. Telling you to be good to your ...