Published on February 25, 2014
10 Shocking Things Your Toilet Seat Is Cleaner Than.
1. Your Barbecue – Twice as Dirty! According to BBC hygiene expert Dr Lisa Ackerley, barbeques are the dirtiest place in the garden. The average toilet seat harbours 759,950 microbes per 100cm² Yet the average barbeque harbours a massive 1.7 million microbes per 100cm²...enjoy your next BBQ!
2. Your fridge handle – 4 times dirtier! The average toilet seat has 1,600 bacteria per cm² But the fridge handle is over 4 times dirtier at 7,474 per cm²!
3. Your games controller – 5 times dirtier! A study by Domestos and Unicef found computer games controllers hold 7,863 germs per 100cm² That’s 5 times more than what you would find on your toilet seat.
4. Your Smartphone – 7 times dirtier! Which? found toilet seats had 20 units of Staphylococcus Aureus: A bacteria which can cause food poisoning. But 1 grubby smartphone held 140 units!
5. Your car steering wheel – 9 times dirtier! Researchers at The Queen Mary University found 700 different kinds of bacteria existed per square inch of a steering wheel. Want to know what’s more disturbing? They found 42% of motorists regularly ate in their car: Tasty!
6. Your sofa arm – 12 times dirtier! Sitting comfortably on your sofa? Well enjoy resting your arm on that sofa - You'd be better off resting it on a toilet seat.
7. Your chopping board – 200 times dirtier! Probably most disgusting of all. The average chopping board has 200 times more faecal bacteria than the average toilet seat!
8. Your office desk – 400 times dirtier! Office desks were found to have 20,000 germs per square inch! That’s 400 times dirtier than the average toilet seat. What’s most astounding - The area where you rest your hand had 10million bacterium.
9. Your garden trampoline – 400 times dirtier The only risk facing your kids on the trampoline is falling off? Think again! Garden trampolines harbour an astonishing 640,000 germs per cm².
10. Your kitchen sponge – 200,000 dirtier! There exists an astonishing 10million bacteria per square inch of kitchen sponges. That makes it 200,000 times dirtier than your toilet seat.
So what have we learned? 1. The object we consistently press against our face our smartphone - has more germs than our toilet seat. 2. We’d probably be better off chopping our veg on the toilet seat.
More hygiene tips 1 in 6 UK cell phones is contaminated with fecal matter. CNN Computer game controllers ‘five times dirtier than a toilet seat’. The Metro. Is the toilet seat really the dirtiest place in the home? BBC News.
Think your toilet seat is the dirtiest thing in your house? Think again. According to Dr Chuck Gerba, there are about 50 bacteria per square inch of a ...
10 Shocking Things At Home That Are Dirtier Than ... What if we tell you that your toilet is actually cleaner than say, your kitchen or the carpet spread ...
... many things cleaner than a toilet seat when it ... 10 Unexpected Things Dirtier Than Your Toilet ... Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat ...
... into the wrong things! This list of 25 things you touch every single ... Top 20 Things Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat. ... 10 Rare And Beautiful Horses ...
10 Things That Are Surprisingly Cleaner Than Your Mouth. ... Toilet Seats. View this image › ... 10 Things That Are Surprisingly Cleaner Than Your Mouth.
25 Unexpected Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet ... These are 25 unexpected things that are dirtier than ... Top 10 Craziest ...
... of my cleaning efforts into the wrong things! This list of 25 things you touch every single day that are dirtier than a public toilet will surprise you.
11 Things Germier Than Toilet Seats. ... far more germs and overall icky-ness than your average public toilet seat. ... 10 Shocking Secrets ...
5 things that are germier than a toilet seat. ... never clean it. YOUR ... rate of your toilet.) And it could be harboring 10 million ...