Published on October 4, 2013
10 Best Hidden Features of iOS 7
Apple released iOS 7 recently, bringing more than a handful of new features to iPhones, iPads, and iPod touches along with a complete overhaul of UI. Apple claims there are "over 200" new features in its new OS, and by now you've probably heard all about the big changes. With so many added features, tweaks and improvements to Apple’s mobile operating system many inclusions seem to have gone by unannounced. As exciting as every new major iOS release is, there's just as much, if not more excitement in ﬁnding the little things that no one knows about. So here we present to you, our list of 10 great, and our favorite hidden features of iOS 7.
There are good chances that you heard about the ability to take square-size pictures and add ﬁlters to your pictures in iOS 7, but did you know that you can now also press on the iPhone's volume down button to quickly focus the camera and take a picture? You can also hold down the volume buttons to quickly shoot a burst of photos. 1.Focusing Photos with Volume Buttons
2. Choose Which Apps Can Run In The Background In iOS 7, Apps can now operate more freely in the background. However, if too many apps are running in the background, it can impact your battery life. You can toggle every app that’s capable of running in the background in Settings > General > Background App Refresh. You can select which individual apps can or cannot refresh their data.
3. Night Mode for Maps Sometimes you don't want a bright white screen in your face, like when you're driving somewhere at night. Apple's Maps app automatically adjusts based on the time and provides you with a darker interface so you don't blind yourself while driving. You get this feature whether you like it or not, so there's no need to ﬁgure out how to turn it on.
4. Close Upto 3 Apps at Once You can close multiple apps at once in iOS 7 (maximum 3), but many will never know about this hidden feature! Here's how: double click the home button to reveal open webpages and platforms. You can then swipe up to three apps at the same time by using three ﬁngers and dragging them upwards.
5. Messages Provides Time Stamps One of the most annoying things about previous versions of iOS is that you couldn't see a time stamp for each text message you sent or received. The Messages app would show you a time stamp for some but not all messages. That's been ﬁxed. Just swipe on over from the right side of any conversation and you'll see when each message came in.
6. Increased Flatness By default in iOS 7, your wallpaper, icons, and labels will ﬂoat and shift around as you move your phone. It’s a neat effect, but for anyone that doesn’t like Apple’s new-found love of depth, there’s a way out of the parallax. Nestled inside the Accessibility menu, the cryptically named "Reduce Motion" toggle will switch off the depth effects on your home screen.
People with an unusual name, or with friends having rare surnames, might have probably laughed at Siri’s innate inability to pronounce words that aren’t in the dictionary. Now you can call out when words are mispronounced and train Siri to say them correctly. Simply say “that’s not how you pronounce that” and it will ask you how to actually say it. 7. Siri Can Learn To Pronounce Better
8. Make The Text Larger And Bolder Apple's made text a lot prettier in iOS 7, but the visual enhancements come at the expense of legibility. iOS 7 has a few settings to help you make things easier to read. To increase or decrease the default size of text, head to Settings > General > Text Size and adjust the slider bar. If that isn’t enough, there are a few more things you can try. You can Bold Text by going to Settings > General > Accessibility. This menu also has a feature called Increase Contrast that will make menus easier to read.
9. Bubble Level Got a few crooked picture frames? The built-in Compass app now has a secret second page with a spirit level. Just line it up against the wall until you get a balanced zero degrees and then you'll know you're hanging things straight. You'll never have a crooked painting on the wall again.
Harassment sucks in any form, and we're very happy to see Apple ﬁnally taking measures to stop it. You can block any unwanted call or message in iOS 7. Simply go to your phone app, ﬁnd the contact, scroll to the bottom and tap on "Block this Caller." This will prevent you from receiving their calls, messages and FaceTime requests. You can also block someone who's not in your contacts if they've recently called or texted you. 10. Block Calls and Messages
You can also reach us on: Facebook - www.facebook.com/TechAhead Twitter - www.twitter.com/TechAhead LinkedIn - www.linkedin.com/company/techahead TechAhead Software is a leading mobile app development company. We have followed iOS 7 closely since the ﬁrst Beta and have helped many of our customers in making their applications compatible with iOS 7. With the recent enhancements made to the new OS, business owners need to shift their app to the new OS. There are millions of people who have started using this OS and TechAhead can help app owners, such as you to migrate their app and make it compatible with iOS 7. Contact Us email@example.com | www.techaheadcorp.com Credits: http://mashable.com/2013/09/18/great-ios-7-apps/ | http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/26/technology/personaltech/apps-that- make-the-most-of-ios-7.html
Haven't managed to convince everyone in your phonebook to make the switch to Snapchat? Well you don't need to. Apple's latest software now lets you send ...
Watch this video to see the best Hidden iOS 7 Features. Including over 10 Hidden Features, Tips, and Tricks in iOS 7. iOS 7 Features Guide: http ...
... organize your iPhone, and show you some of the hidden features in iOS 7. Roll over each iPhone to see what's ... iOS 10 public beta first look.
When Apple first took the veil off its new mobile operating system iOS 7 at this year's WWDC and then again during the launch of the new iPhone's, it ...
... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrpzMuWzvHY In this video I go over the top 10 iOS 7 hidden features found in iOS ... iOS 10 features ...
When Apple first took the veil off its new mobile operating system iOS 7 at this year’s WWDC and then again during the launch of the new ...
When Apple first took the veil off its new mobile operating system iOS 7 at this year's WWDC and then again during the launch of the new iPhones, it ...
Everyone using iOS 7 (or everyone not using it either) knows all about the OS. The introduction of features like the Control Center, the new flat interface ...
With hundreds of new features to boot, iOS 7 for ... Top 23 Hidden iOS 7 Features That You ... iOS 7, like Mail, Settings, Contacts etc. 10.
Your first impression of iOS 7 may have left you loving (or hating) the new features included in the latest operating system for iPhones and ...