Published on February 19, 2009
Genealogies 10 KNOWING
- What was Cain reaction to God’s love? - Did he repent of his evil ways? Genesis 4:16-24
Genesis 4:16-17Genesis 4:16-17 Then Cain went out from the presence of the LORD and dwelt in the land of Nod on the east of Eden. And Cain knew his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch. And he built a city, and called the name of the city after the name of his son—Enoch.
Genesis 4:18-19Genesis 4:18-19 To Enoch was born Irad; and Irad begot Mehujael, and Mehujael begot Methushael, and Methushael begot Lamech. Then Lamech took for himself two wives: the name of one was Adah, and the name of the second was Zillah.
Genesis 4:20-22Genesis 4:20-22 And Adah bore Jabal. He was the father of those who dwell in tents and have livestock. His brother’s name was Jubal. He was the father of all those who play the harp and flute. And as for Zillah, she also bore Tubal- Cain, an instructor of every craftsman in bronze and iron. And the sister of Tubal-Cain was Naamah.
Genesis 4:23-24Genesis 4:23-24 Then Lamech said to his wives: “Adah and Zillah, hear my voice; Wives of Lamech, listen to my speech! For I have killed a man for wounding me, Even a young man for hurting me. If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold , then Lamech seventy-sevenfold.”
- Did Cain and his descendants repented? - Does the sin of parents affect their children? - How many women had Lamech? - Did he follow God’s command? - Is Lamech worst than his grandfather?
- What happens when there is no repentance? - Does evil increase in un-repented hearts? - What was Adam and Eve reaction?reaction? Genesis 4:25-26
Genesis 4:25-26 And Adam knew his wife again, and she bore a son and named him Seth, “For God has appointed another seed for me instead of Abel, whom Cain killed.” And as for Seth, to him also a son was born; and he named him Enosh. Then men began to call on the name of the LORD.
- Is God the one who provides us with children? - What happened after the birth of Seth? - Why did they start to proclaim the name of God? - Did Adam and Eve repent from their mistake?
- Why are the genealogies in the bible important? - Is there a difference between Cain’s and Set’s Genealogy?
CAIN - 6 generations - gave birth to Musicians & Artisans Genesis 4:6-24
SETH - 8 generations - call on the name of the LORD. Genesis 5
- Why did Seth descendants called on the name of the Lord and Cain’s didn’t? - Who taught them? - Adam? - Were not both of them born in sin? - Didn’t they both die? - Even if they were just? Ecclesiastes 8:14
Ecclesiastes 8:14 There is a vanity which occurs on earth, that there are just men to whom it happens according to the work of the wicked; again, there are wicked men to whom it happens according to the work of the righteous. I said that this also is vanity.
- Can we bargain with death? - What is important for us in this new state? - Why is it now so important our vanity? - Have we become self conscious? - Did everyone die? Genesis 5:21-24
Genesis 5:21-24 Enoch lived sixty-five years, and begot Methuselah. After he begot Methuselah, Enoch walked with God three hundred years, and had sons and daughters. So all the days of Enoch were three hundred and sixty- five years. And Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him.
- What does it mean to walk with God? - Why Enoch didn’t die like everyone else? - What made him special before God? Hebrews 11:5
Hebrews 11:5 By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, “and was not found, because God had taken him”; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
- What was his testimony? - How did he please God? - Where did God take him? - What do we have to believe to please God? Jude 14-15
Jude 14-15 Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.”
- Was Enoch prophesying the coming of the messiah? - Was he revealing His judgment at the end of times? - How did Enoch know such things? - Walking with Him?
- Did Enoch decided to depend on God? - Did he Believe Him? - What happened with him? - Can we have a relationship with God as Enoch did? Jeremiah 33:3
Jeremiah 33:3 ‘Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.’
- What should we be asking for? - Should we seek our natural needs or God’s revelation? - What is important? - How were Seth’s descendants doing? Genesis 5:28-29
Genesis 5:28-29 Lamech lived one hundred and eighty-two years, and had a son. And he called his name Noah, saying, “This one will comfort us concerning our work and the toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD has cursed.”
- Was Lamech aware of all that happened in the eight generations that preceded him? - What was he hoping when he call his son Noah? Noah = rest – comfort
- Was the earth giving them a hard time? - Didn’t God curse it? - What rest was he talking about? - Death?
- Was he aware of the coming judgment? - Did Adam return to God? Luke 3:38
Luke 3:38 …the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God.
- Being part of Jesus genealogy is proof of God’s acceptance? - What did Adam believe to please God? - Was it the promise of salvation? - What happened in the days of Noah? Genesis 6:1-4
Genesis 6:1-2Genesis 6:1-2 Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose.
Genesis 6:3Genesis 6:3 And the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”
Genesis 6:4Genesis 6:4 There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.
1559 years later… - Who were these giants? - Were they men or the extinct dinosaurs? - Who were the mighty men of renown?
- Who are the sons of God? - Aren’t they the descendants of Seth? - Are the descendants of Cain God’s children? - Who are God’s children? Romans 8:14
Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
- Is being led by the Spirit of God a choice? - Who is Lord in our lives? - Are the Sons of God determined by our lineage?
- What does it mean to have a son according to our own likeness? - Was Cain a son in the likeness of Adam? - Does likeness refers to the inner being? Genesis 5:1-3
Genesis 5:1-3 This is the book of the genealogy of Adam. In the day that God created man, He made him in the likeness of God. He created them male and female, and blessed them and called them Mankind in the day they were created. And Adam lived one hundred and thirty years, and begot a son in his own likeness, after his image, and named him Seth.
- Who were the daughters of men? - Did they choose the just among them? - How many did they choose? - Did they obey God’s command? - How does God feel about men behavior? Genesis 6:5
Genesis 6:5 Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. Genesis 6:11-12 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. So God looked upon the earth, and indeed it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth.
WHAT DID WE LEARN TODAY? - Evil will only grow in un-repented hearts. - Parents have a lot of influence in the lives of their children. - We can all walk with God. It all depends of our willingness. - Adam repented from his sin and God forgave him, but the consequences prevail. - There is two kind of people: Those who believe and obey God (His children) Those who persist in being their own God (Lucifer’s way) - The intent of the heart of men is towards evil. - We need a savior. Share your own comment …
Our next lesson:Our next lesson: Man’s Nature
Genealogies Secret Stars. 2000 • 16 Musiktitel • Rock • Alternative • Shrimper. Album ... 10. 5,000,000,000 Secret Stars. Genealogies. 1 ...
The genealogies in Luke and Matthew appear to briefly converge at Zerubbabel son of ... Linear Genealogy of Jesus from the first couple according to the ...
PDF File: Yarmouth Nova Scotia Genealogies - PDF-ELRG6-YNSG-10 2/3 Yarmouth Nova Scotia Genealogies This type of Yarmouth Nova Scotia Genealogies can be a ...
The Genesis Genealogies: Are They Complete? by Dr. John Millam Introduction. In 1650, James Ussher, the archbishop of Ireland, came up with a detailed ...
Genealogy (from Greek: ... would be answered by a description of father, mother, and tribe. New Zealand Māori, for example, learn whakapapa (genealogies) ...
Genealogies of Morals. Lecture Notes for 9/10/01 (Mandeville) I. Recap from Moses, Paul, Aquinas. (Skip in lecture, post to web.) Moses: In Moses we saw ...
Do the Genesis Genealogies Contain Gaps? by Dr. Rick Freeman on June 20, 2007. Share: ... 9-15, and Abraham’s genealogy from Seth in Gen. 11:10-26) ...
Genealogies 5/12/16 Godfrey Library's Book Sale Topic: Genealogy Buy online through the ebay link provided or call the library at ... contains 10 ...
... Software-Hintergrund (1 Kat., 10 Art.) Seiten in der Kategorie „Genealogiesoftware ...