Published on June 24, 2016
1. Carrying out a broad search in UWA OneSearch is a good way to identify core sources. OneSearch is the main UWA Library catalogue collating all content across a range of resources. Use OR to search for similar terms Use AND to join distinct concepts together Refine and use available limits Follow leads and citation trails Use eShelf, a personal folder and saved search area University Library library.uwa.edu.au UWA’s OneSearch
2. Use the Advanced Search in OneSearch to begin to build your search string Think about how you combine your similar terms with OR and unique concepts with AND together with your use of punctuation to help control how the search is run. Tip: If you do not get enough results then reduce the number of search terms used; conversely, if you get too many results increase the number of search terms used.
3. Limit by resource type Eg. Newspaper articles and reviews may be more topical View only Peer Reviewed Explore by subject area View only current publications Found a good paper? Identify others papers that refer to it. Spend time reviewing your Search Results
4. Managing your Search Results Any limits you add will show on the top of your search results. Use the “X” to remove them again. Sign in using your Pheme credentials to add any items to a permanent folder in your e-shelf. (Located top RH corner of OneSearch) Clicking on the star next to the item will colour it in and automatically add it to your folder. Click on Save Query at the bottom of your limits listing (LH menu) to add it to your e-Shelf.
5. The Details tab of a item may suggest other subject terms you can also try. The View Online tab will link you to the database platforms that hold the full-text of this article. Tip: Jumping out to a database through OneSearch identifies you as a UWA student and ensures full access to subscriptions purchased for you. Always sign into OneSearch, especially from home, to make sure you get the fullest level of access. Follow good leads Citations – will identify references used to write a given paper Cited by – will identify other people who have cited the paper. Citations Cited by Working with your results
6. Extending your Search Results Although our original search had 163 results, only 10 were indexed with the subject term “Sex Preselection” Further down on the Limits LH pane you will find these other suggested subject searches. Clicking on “Sex Preselection” runs a search of all items indexed with this subject term in OneSearch. This search identifies 996 results. You can either use the limits to further explore these or Add more search terms to the search fields as keywords or subject terms: Try: Sex selected abortion Sex ratio Gender discrimination
CHR is a world-renowned infertility treatment and research center offering a variety of infertility treatments ... and/or gender selection. ... 1/3 of ...
1. Starting the Game. ... However, gender has no effect on starting ... your character's World can be confirmed by referring to the Character Selection ...
A brief overview of the World of Warcraft character creation process. Covers: Logging in, Server Selection, Race/Class/Gender Selection.
starting with heidegger is available in our book collection an online access to it is ... Elegiacs, &C. [Selections, With Gr. And Lat ... Gender, And ...
gender (bias) in ERC grant selection ... 1) genderstudies ... Share of female applicants and grantees per domain in ERC Starting Grants calls (2007 ...
USA CYCLING ATHLETE NOMINATION WORKSHEET ... starting positions for each age class and in each gender in ... by the USA Cycling Selection Committee ...
San Diego Fertility Center® is a leading Southern California ... Gender Selection; CCS: ... or reproductive difficulties who dream of starting a ...