Published on October 24, 2014
1. Introduction to Microphones Interactive Notebook Page 46 TEKS 11Bv Understanding various microphones based upon type and pickup patterns.
2. Microphones Microphone (mike or mic): A device that converts sound waves into electrical modulations for recording.
3. Sound Converting Systems There are three major types of sound-converting systems which are used to classify microphones. Dynamic Condenser Ribbon
4. Dynamic Microphones These are the most rugged. They can be used close to the sound source and still withstand high sound levels without damage to the microphone or sound distortion. They can also withstand fairly extreme temperatures so they are an ideal outdoor microphone.
5. Condenser Microphones Much more sensitive to physical shock, temperature change, and distortion than dynamic microphones. Usually produce higher quality sound when used at greater distances from sound source. Can be used outdoors under certain circumstances.
6. Ribbon Microphones Similar in sensitivity and quality to the condenser microphones. Produce a warmer sound, frequently preferred by singers. Strictly for indoor use.
7. Pickup Pattern A pickup pattern is the directions (in three dimensions) in which a microphone is most sensitive to sounds.
8. Omnidirectional Omnidirectional microphones have a pickup pattern in which the microphone can pick up sounds equally well from all directions.
9. Unidirectional Unidirectional microphones have a pickup pattern in which the microphone can pick up sounds better from the front than from the sides or back.
10. Foldable In your own words write a definition for Dynamic Microphones Condenser Microphones Ribbon Microphones Omnidirectional Unidirectional Attach to page 29 in your interactive notebook.
11. ACC Credit for This Class 80% final grade for the year. 80% on all practicums. 80% on final exam. My approval.
John's presentation to EMBA students on knowledge work, the innovation ethics and ...
Looking for an icebreaker that helps team members learn more about each other, imp...
Quantas vezes você pensou sobre diferentes formas de conseguir ter mais foco. São ...
Os segredos do sucesso - Dale Carnegie O livro de Dale Carnegie "Como Ganhar Ami...
INTRODUCTION TO WIRELESS MICROPHONE SYSTEMS ... 1 2 Handheld Microphone Transmitter ... Introduction Guide
Introduction to Electret Microphones Application Note Introduction to Electret Microphones DK: +45 4630 6666 USA: +1 952 543 8300 PRC: +86 512 6832 3401
Wide Angle 18.1 (1996) 37-46 Sound Bits and Bytes: An Introduction to Microphones John L. Butler, C. A. S. Figures.
HOUSES OF WORSHIP Introduction to 4 CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION To hear the word, is to see the light. The importance of capturing and reproducing good audio is ...
microphones, recording, editing, ... Introduction to Microphones. ... 1. Record In Your School Or Church.
WAN_0290 Rev 1.0 5 STANDARD REFERENCE LEVEL Microphone performance specifications are based around an industry standard reference level,
A microphone, colloquially nicknamed mic or mike (/ ˈ m aɪ k /),  is an acoustic-to-electric transducer or sensor that converts sound into an ...
Want to watch this again later? Sign in to add this video to a playlist. A short lecture about different types of microphones