Published on February 27, 2014
ESRT Programme and its assistance to responsible tourism development in 3 Central Coastal provinces Hue City, 27/02/2014
1. Introduction on ESRT Programme Project title : Environmentally and Socially Responsible Tourism Capacity Development Programme (ESRT) Funded by : EU Code : DCI-ASIE/2010/21662 Executing authority : Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism Implementing agency : Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT) Project duration : 60 months (11/2010 - 11/2015) Total cost : EUR 12.1 million of which, EU contribution Vietnam contribution International consulting company: : EUR 11 million : EUR 1.1 million (VND 26 billion) (Germany) 2
2. Objectives and assistance content 1. Overall objective “Mainstream responsible tourism principles into Vietnam’s tourism sector to enhance competitiveness and contributing to achieving the Socio Economic Development Plan”. 2. Assistance to responsible tourism development • Establish multi-stakeholder Destination Management Organisation: inter-provincial destination approach: Central Coastal provinces • Improve and develop Public – Private Dialogue (PPD) • Develop responsible tourism products • Promote regional destination • Training and fostering capabilities 3
3. Assistance principles • Focus on providing assistance to joint activities • Provide assistance to activities which are directly related to environmentally and socially responsible tourism • Guarantee efficiency of activities undertaken • Ensure sustainability of activities undertaken 4
4. ESRT Programme Impacts • Pro-poor impacts • Environmental protection impacts • Tourism growth generating impacts • Gender equality impacts 5
5. Plan to assist 3 CC provinces in 2014 • Conduct surveys on tourists’ demand • Conduct research, survey and assessment of regional products • Conduct research, make assessment and proposals on branding, promoting and marketing of regional tourism • Make improvement to PPD within the region • Tourism HR development 6
6. Recommendations and proposals • Enhance proactive roles and commitments of 3 CC provinces in implementing collaboration activities • Involvement of private sector in destination management mechanism is needed: accelerate the role of local Tourism Associations • Establish a tourism website for 3 CC provinces 7
Environmentally & Socially Responsible Tourism Capacity Development Programme 4th Floor, Vinaplast Building 39A Ngo Quyen Ha Noi, Viet Nam Thank you for your attention! T +84 4 37349357 F +84 4 37349359 www.esrt.vn The ‘Environmentally and Socially Responsible Tourism Capacity Development Programme’ (2011 - 2015) is a European Union funded sector programme within the main activities in 1) Policy support and institutional strengthening, 2) Product competitiveness and public-private dialogue and 3) Vocational education and training. 8
Prez eyzies 3 02. 02 3 cc_provincemeeting_hue_27feb14_tri_en. METRO. Metro. Metro. Metro. Metro. Wind Tunnels. Wind Tunnels. Login or Join. Processing ...
Prez eyzies 3 02 02 3 cc_provincemeeting_hue_27feb14_tri_en corto 3 disc 02 HEALTH PERx (Basic Overview) Ultra perx toolbar Comments. RECOMMENDED.